Re: Creativity... modern reflections on Gnosticism

    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 6, 2004
      Hello lady_caritas

      On 07/07/04, you wrote:

      >> Hello lady_caritas
      >>
      >> On 07/06/04, you wrote:
      >>
      >>> --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, pmcvflag <no_reply@y...>
      > that

      > thier

      >> > How about poetry, too? I know there are bound to be some poets
      >> > out there. No, you don't have to be a professional artist, poet,
      >> > etc. Heck, I remember Terje and I posting a few poems a while
      >> > back. Unfortunately, those posts vanished in the still unsolved
      >> > mystery
      > of
      >> > that section of our "lost" archives.
      >> >
      >> > Also, PMCV, I know what a devoted Blake fan you are. Perhaps, if
      >> > you're so inclined at some point, you (and others) could share
      > some
      >>> of your insights about Blake regarding things Gnostic.
      >>>

      >>> Cari
      >>
      >> Do you know the time frame on that, I may have Terje's post
      > archived,
      >> I have stuff of his going back to 1997.
      >>
      >> Regards
      >> --
      >> Mike Leavitt ac998@l...
      >
      > Hi, Mike. Gosh, I don't remember exactly, but it might have been in
      > the latter half of 2001 or soon thereafter. It was back when we were
      > still in the Yahoo club format before switching to groups. Actually,
      > Terje posted more poems to another club which doesn't exist anymore.
      > He may have some archived himself, too.
      >
      > Do you write poetry, Mike?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Cari

      I did some when I was younger, but none of it was good enough to keep.

      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 6, 2004
        Hello lady_caritas

        On 07/07/04, you wrote:

        >> Hello lady_caritas
        >>
        >> On 07/06/04, you wrote:
        >>
        >>> --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, pmcvflag <no_reply@y...>
        > that

        > thier

        >> > How about poetry, too? I know there are bound to be some poets
        >> > out there. No, you don't have to be a professional artist, poet,
        >> > etc. Heck, I remember Terje and I posting a few poems a while
        >> > back. Unfortunately, those posts vanished in the still unsolved
        >> > mystery
        > of
        >> > that section of our "lost" archives.
        >> >
        >> > Also, PMCV, I know what a devoted Blake fan you are. Perhaps, if
        >> > you're so inclined at some point, you (and others) could share
        > some
        >>> of your insights about Blake regarding things Gnostic.
        >>>

        >>> Cari
        >>
        >> Do you know the time frame on that, I may have Terje's post
        > archived,
        >> I have stuff of his going back to 1997.
        >>
        >> Regards
        >> --
        >> Mike Leavitt ac998@l...
        >
        > Hi, Mike. Gosh, I don't remember exactly, but it might have been in
        > the latter half of 2001 or soon thereafter. It was back when we were
        > still in the Yahoo club format before switching to groups. Actually,
        > Terje posted more poems to another club which doesn't exist anymore.
        > He may have some archived himself, too.
        >
        > Do you write poetry, Mike?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Cari

        P.S. The only poem of his I found in that time frame was a poem about
        Ash Wednesday to the French Gnostic Church list, I'll have to dig
        some more.

        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 6, 2004
          Cari said....

          "Hi, Mike. Gosh, I don't remember exactly, but it might have been in
          the latter half of 2001 or soon thereafter. It was back when we were
          still in the Yahoo club format before switching to groups. Actually,
          Terje posted more poems to another club which doesn't exist anymore.
          He may have some archived himself, too.

          Do you write poetry, Mike?"

          I would love to hear some poetry from Mike too!!!

          In case anyone is curious, Lady Cari is talking about a group I used
          to run called "PhiloSophia" that delt with esoteric romance... but
          Yahoo accidentally erased it recently. Specifically, the club delt
          with troubadours, Dante, but also erotic undertones in some Gnostic
          texts. Neoplatonic romance is perhaps a better term, since it was
          from the viewpoint of a specific tradition that had Platonic
          influence just as Gnosticism does. Anyways, many member here were
          also over there. I am not sure if I will restart it though.

          I have the feeling that people here may be waiting for somebody to
          post first... so I will. Here is one of my poems, and perhaps I will
          post some of my music here as well (I can't seem to find it right
          now). Ok, so here I go........

          Before you start reading, I am not always just an academician... this
          is my view of esoteric love.... Philo Sophia... step back... take a
          breath... read slowly...

          -Can it be light, that guides a heart,
          unto a face so dead
          -To it's OWN heart, obsequious,
          to nothing Eros said
          -Or darkness be, since I gain not,
          your mercy, pity, joy
          -And fail to turn, your thoughts my way,
          through all at my employ

          How, love, can I make you understand
          With nothing more than words to say I burn
          My heaven and my hell is in your hand
          Towards it's light, your face, my heart does turn.
          My eyes accursed brought to me all this pain
          Your hands, your words, your movements, are my grace.
          Yet I can't hope your love on me will rain
          When every flower turns toward your face.

          PMCV (Aka ATroubadour)
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 7, 2004

            > I have the feeling that people here may be waiting for somebody to
            > post first... so I will.

            And so you did, PMCV, as well as did Jason. Quite wonderful! Thank
            you.

            So, okay, I'll post something, and I surely hope more members will,
            too. I found a poem of mine in a file from that time period I
            mentioned, Mike, although unfortunately I don't have Terje's. As I
            recall, there was a new member at that time who was interested in
            discussing truth, or maybe Truth. ;-) So followed some fun poetry
            posts about that aeon.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "Aletheia Dances"

            Aletheia, Spirit Maiden of Clarity,
            Reveal yourself to our blind eyes
            Which seek but phantoms of form familiar
            So foolishly dressing you in disguise.

            Though fruitless is our human chase
            As we fail to fathom immortality,
            The essence of your pure perfume
            Entices us to unveil your Reality.

            Oh, permit us a glimpse of your genuine curve,
            Even though your quintessence evades us.
            Aletheia, Beloved Spirit of Trueness,
            Indulge us with your beatific dances!
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            Oh, and since PMCV mentioned PhiloSophia and eros, I'll add one I
            posted at that club a while back.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "Eros"

            Arms reaching, fingertips extended,
            Legs outstretched, toes burrowed in earth.

            Eros, embrace me,
            Break my chains.

            Unsheathe this garment,
            Let me fly.

            Lift me from this prison,
            Desire, free me.

            Kiss me with your fragrant Secret,
            Let me find repose.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 8, 2004
              Hello lady_caritas

              On 07/08/04, you wrote:

              >> I have the feeling that people here may be waiting for somebody to
              >> post first... so I will.
              >

              > And so you did, PMCV, as well as did Jason. Quite wonderful! Thank
              > you.
              >
              > So, okay, I'll post something, and I surely hope more members will,
              > too. I found a poem of mine in a file from that time period I
              > mentioned, Mike, although unfortunately I don't have Terje's. As I
              > recall, there was a new member at that time who was interested in
              > discussing truth, or maybe Truth. ;-) So followed some fun poetry
              > posts about that aeon.
              > "Aletheia Dances"

              A bit more serious than no. 2. Angelius Silesius as translated by Max
              Heindel:

              Though Christ a thousand times is Bethlehem be born,
              Unless within thy heart,
              Thy soul will be forlorn.

              The cross on Golgotha thou lookest to in vein,
              Unless within thy heart,
              It be set up again.