Re: Creativity... modern reflections on Gnosticism

    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 6, 2004
      Hello lady_caritas

      On 07/06/04, you wrote:

      >> Cool, well Mike... are there any particular plates in the book that
      >> you find especially interesting that you could share with us?
      >>
      >> Still, I do hope that somebody here would also share some of thier
      >> own work.
      >>
      >> PMCV
      >

      > How about poetry, too? I know there are bound to be some poets out
      > there. No, you don't have to be a professional artist, poet, etc.
      > Heck, I remember Terje and I posting a few poems a while back.
      > Unfortunately, those posts vanished in the still unsolved mystery of
      > that section of our "lost" archives.
      >
      > Also, PMCV, I know what a devoted Blake fan you are. Perhaps, if
      > you're so inclined at some point, you (and others) could share some
      > of your insights about Blake regarding things Gnostic.
      >

      > Cari

      Do you know the time frame on that, I may have Terje's post archived,
      I have stuff of his going back to 1997.

      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 6, 2004
        > Hello lady_caritas
        >
        > On 07/06/04, you wrote:
        >
        > > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, pmcvflag <no_reply@y...>
        wrote:
        > >> Cool, well Mike... are there any particular plates in the book
        that
        > >> you find especially interesting that you could share with us?
        > >>
        > >> Still, I do hope that somebody here would also share some of
        thier
        > >> own work.
        > >>
        > >> PMCV
        > >

        > > How about poetry, too? I know there are bound to be some poets out
        > > there. No, you don't have to be a professional artist, poet, etc.
        > > Heck, I remember Terje and I posting a few poems a while back.
        > > Unfortunately, those posts vanished in the still unsolved mystery
        of
        > > that section of our "lost" archives.
        > >
        > > Also, PMCV, I know what a devoted Blake fan you are. Perhaps, if
        > > you're so inclined at some point, you (and others) could share
        some
        > > of your insights about Blake regarding things Gnostic.
        > >

        > > Cari
        >
        > Do you know the time frame on that, I may have Terje's post
        archived,
        > I have stuff of his going back to 1997.
        >
        > Regards
        > --
        > Mike Leavitt ac998@l...

        Hi, Mike. Gosh, I don't remember exactly, but it might have been in
        the latter half of 2001 or soon thereafter. It was back when we were
        still in the Yahoo club format before switching to groups. Actually,
        Terje posted more poems to another club which doesn't exist anymore.
        He may have some archived himself, too.

        Do you write poetry, Mike?

        Thanks,
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 6, 2004
          Hello lady_caritas

          On 07/07/04, you wrote:

          >> Hello lady_caritas
          >>
          >> On 07/06/04, you wrote:
          >>
          >>> --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, pmcvflag <no_reply@y...>
          > that

          > thier

          >> > How about poetry, too? I know there are bound to be some poets
          >> > out there. No, you don't have to be a professional artist, poet,
          >> > etc. Heck, I remember Terje and I posting a few poems a while
          >> > back. Unfortunately, those posts vanished in the still unsolved
          >> > mystery
          > of
          >> > that section of our "lost" archives.
          >> >
          >> > Also, PMCV, I know what a devoted Blake fan you are. Perhaps, if
          >> > you're so inclined at some point, you (and others) could share
          > some
          >>> of your insights about Blake regarding things Gnostic.
          >>>

          >>> Cari
          >>
          >> Do you know the time frame on that, I may have Terje's post
          > archived,
          >> I have stuff of his going back to 1997.
          >>
          >> Regards
          >> --
          >> Mike Leavitt ac998@l...
          >
          > Hi, Mike. Gosh, I don't remember exactly, but it might have been in
          > the latter half of 2001 or soon thereafter. It was back when we were
          > still in the Yahoo club format before switching to groups. Actually,
          > Terje posted more poems to another club which doesn't exist anymore.
          > He may have some archived himself, too.
          >
          > Do you write poetry, Mike?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Cari

          I did some when I was younger, but none of it was good enough to keep.

          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 6, 2004
            Hello lady_caritas

            On 07/07/04, you wrote:

            >> Hello lady_caritas
            >>
            >> On 07/06/04, you wrote:
            >>
            >>> --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, pmcvflag <no_reply@y...>
            > that

            > thier

            >> > How about poetry, too? I know there are bound to be some poets
            >> > out there. No, you don't have to be a professional artist, poet,
            >> > etc. Heck, I remember Terje and I posting a few poems a while
            >> > back. Unfortunately, those posts vanished in the still unsolved
            >> > mystery
            > of
            >> > that section of our "lost" archives.
            >> >
            >> > Also, PMCV, I know what a devoted Blake fan you are. Perhaps, if
            >> > you're so inclined at some point, you (and others) could share
            > some
            >>> of your insights about Blake regarding things Gnostic.
            >>>

            >>> Cari
            >>
            >> Do you know the time frame on that, I may have Terje's post
            > archived,
            >> I have stuff of his going back to 1997.
            >>
            >> Regards
            >> --
            >> Mike Leavitt ac998@l...
            >
            > Hi, Mike. Gosh, I don't remember exactly, but it might have been in
            > the latter half of 2001 or soon thereafter. It was back when we were
            > still in the Yahoo club format before switching to groups. Actually,
            > Terje posted more poems to another club which doesn't exist anymore.
            > He may have some archived himself, too.
            >
            > Do you write poetry, Mike?
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Cari

            P.S. The only poem of his I found in that time frame was a poem about
            Ash Wednesday to the French Gnostic Church list, I'll have to dig
            some more.

            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 6, 2004
              Cari said....

              "Hi, Mike. Gosh, I don't remember exactly, but it might have been in
              the latter half of 2001 or soon thereafter. It was back when we were
              still in the Yahoo club format before switching to groups. Actually,
              Terje posted more poems to another club which doesn't exist anymore.
              He may have some archived himself, too.

              Do you write poetry, Mike?"

              I would love to hear some poetry from Mike too!!!

              In case anyone is curious, Lady Cari is talking about a group I used
              to run called "PhiloSophia" that delt with esoteric romance... but
              Yahoo accidentally erased it recently. Specifically, the club delt
              with troubadours, Dante, but also erotic undertones in some Gnostic
              texts. Neoplatonic romance is perhaps a better term, since it was
              from the viewpoint of a specific tradition that had Platonic
              influence just as Gnosticism does. Anyways, many member here were
              also over there. I am not sure if I will restart it though.

              I have the feeling that people here may be waiting for somebody to
              post first... so I will. Here is one of my poems, and perhaps I will
              post some of my music here as well (I can't seem to find it right
              now). Ok, so here I go........

              Before you start reading, I am not always just an academician... this
              is my view of esoteric love.... Philo Sophia... step back... take a
              breath... read slowly...

              -Can it be light, that guides a heart,
              unto a face so dead
              -To it's OWN heart, obsequious,
              to nothing Eros said
              -Or darkness be, since I gain not,
              your mercy, pity, joy
              -And fail to turn, your thoughts my way,
              through all at my employ

              How, love, can I make you understand
              With nothing more than words to say I burn
              My heaven and my hell is in your hand
              Towards it's light, your face, my heart does turn.
              My eyes accursed brought to me all this pain
              Your hands, your words, your movements, are my grace.
              Yet I can't hope your love on me will rain
              When every flower turns toward your face.

              PMCV (Aka ATroubadour)
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 7, 2004

                > I have the feeling that people here may be waiting for somebody to
                > post first... so I will.

                And so you did, PMCV, as well as did Jason. Quite wonderful! Thank
                you.

                So, okay, I'll post something, and I surely hope more members will,
                too. I found a poem of mine in a file from that time period I
                mentioned, Mike, although unfortunately I don't have Terje's. As I
                recall, there was a new member at that time who was interested in
                discussing truth, or maybe Truth. ;-) So followed some fun poetry
                posts about that aeon.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "Aletheia Dances"

                Aletheia, Spirit Maiden of Clarity,
                Reveal yourself to our blind eyes
                Which seek but phantoms of form familiar
                So foolishly dressing you in disguise.

                Though fruitless is our human chase
                As we fail to fathom immortality,
                The essence of your pure perfume
                Entices us to unveil your Reality.

                Oh, permit us a glimpse of your genuine curve,
                Even though your quintessence evades us.
                Aletheia, Beloved Spirit of Trueness,
                Indulge us with your beatific dances!
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                Oh, and since PMCV mentioned PhiloSophia and eros, I'll add one I
                posted at that club a while back.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "Eros"

                Arms reaching, fingertips extended,
                Legs outstretched, toes burrowed in earth.

                Eros, embrace me,
                Break my chains.

                Unsheathe this garment,
                Let me fly.

                Lift me from this prison,
                Desire, free me.

                Kiss me with your fragrant Secret,
                Let me find repose.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 8, 2004
                  Hello lady_caritas

                  On 07/08/04, you wrote:

                  >> I have the feeling that people here may be waiting for somebody to
                  >> post first... so I will.
                  >

                  > And so you did, PMCV, as well as did Jason. Quite wonderful! Thank
                  > you.
                  >
                  > So, okay, I'll post something, and I surely hope more members will,
                  > too. I found a poem of mine in a file from that time period I
                  > mentioned, Mike, although unfortunately I don't have Terje's. As I
                  > recall, there was a new member at that time who was interested in
                  > discussing truth, or maybe Truth. ;-) So followed some fun poetry
                  > posts about that aeon.
                  > "Aletheia Dances"

                  A bit more serious than no. 2. Angelius Silesius as translated by Max
                  Heindel:

                  Though Christ a thousand times is Bethlehem be born,
                  Unless within thy heart,
                  Thy soul will be forlorn.

                  The cross on Golgotha thou lookest to in vein,
                  Unless within thy heart,
                  It be set up again.