RE: [Gnosticism2] Re: Who (or what) is "THE DEVIL"?/Great Fall of the Spirits

  • Mary VanEsselstyn
    Message 1 of 74 , Jun 3, 2004
      >From: lady_caritas <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
      >To: gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Gnosticism2] Re: Who (or what) is "THE DEVIL"?/Great Fall of the
      >Spirits
      >Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 22:00:36 -0
      Jesus also taught that, i am the light of the world. He who follows me
      will not be walking in the dark but will have the light which means
      life.Jesus is saying that there are forces of darkness in the world and also
      warned us to be aware and alert for it is possible for even the elect to
      be deceived by false teachers and false prophets. Mary
    • George Harvey
      Message 74 of 74 , Jun 16, 2004
        > Hello George
        >
        > On 06/16/04, you wrote:
        >
        > > Hi Mike,
        > > Someone on my list said modern Gnostic churches do not allow women
        > > to be priests. Is that true of your church?
        > >
        > > George
        >
        > Stephan ordained Rosa Miller to the priesthood, and consecrated her
        > bishop. We currently have two active women priests, and an active
        > woman deacon or three, I can't keep up with it. The short answer is
        > no it is not true of our church, nor is it true of the French
        Gnostic
        > Church, our confederate. It may be true of some more traditionally
        > Catholic Gnostic churches, milage may vary. Years ago I asked an
        > old Liberal Catholic Priest (they have no women in orders to this
        > day), "how can you deny one of the sacraments to half the human
        > race." He was stunned by the question, and said that was the only
        > thing anyone had said to him that gave him doubts about the all male
        > clergy.
        >
        > Regards
        > --
        > Mike Leavitt ac998@l...

        Hi Mike,
        Thank you. I suspected she was wrong but didn't know for sure.

        George