Re: Who (or what) is "THE DEVIL"?/Great Fall of the Spirits

  • fred60471
    Message 1 of 74 , Jun 2, 2004
      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, lady_caritas <no_reply@y...> be

      > Roelof van den Broek also speaks of the Hermetic "mystical
      experience
      > of falling together with the universe, that is to say with God
      > himself. In CH XIII.11, the initiated pupil exclaims with a
      certain
      > astonishment:
      >
      > I am in heaven, in earth, in water, in air; I am in animals,
      in
      > plants, in the womb, before the womb, after the womb, everywhere!
      >
      > "It is inconceivable that a Gnostic would have had this
      experience.
      > For him the world was not transparent toward God and essentially
      > divine..." (pages 10-11)

      Hey Lady C,

      (77) Jesus said, "It is I who am the light which is above them all.
      It is I who am the all. From me did the all come forth, and unto me
      did the all extend. Split a piece of wood, and I am there. Lift up
      the stone, and you will find me there."
      (GT)

      To me this implies a doctrine of divine immanence, or am I reading it
      wrong?

      Regards,
      fred
    • George Harvey
      Message 74 of 74 , Jun 16, 2004
        > Hello George
        >
        > On 06/16/04, you wrote:
        >
        > > Hi Mike,
        > > Someone on my list said modern Gnostic churches do not allow women
        > > to be priests. Is that true of your church?
        > >
        > > George
        >
        > Stephan ordained Rosa Miller to the priesthood, and consecrated her
        > bishop. We currently have two active women priests, and an active
        > woman deacon or three, I can't keep up with it. The short answer is
        > no it is not true of our church, nor is it true of the French
        Gnostic
        > Church, our confederate. It may be true of some more traditionally
        > Catholic Gnostic churches, milage may vary. Years ago I asked an
        > old Liberal Catholic Priest (they have no women in orders to this
        > day), "how can you deny one of the sacraments to half the human
        > race." He was stunned by the question, and said that was the only
        > thing anyone had said to him that gave him doubts about the all male
        > clergy.
        >
        > Regards
        > --
        > Mike Leavitt ac998@l...

        Hi Mike,
        Thank you. I suspected she was wrong but didn't know for sure.

        George