Re: Relevance

  • George Harvey
    Message 1 of 46 , May 19, 2004
      > Good morning, all. Each of you came to this list with an interest
      or
      > at least curiosity regarding historical Gnosticism.
      >
      > We discuss many aspects directly related to or surrounding this
      focal
      > point. Do you feel that those ancient Gnostics have impacted your
      > life in any way? And, if so, how? General insights as well as
      > specific anecdotes are welcome.
      >
      > I would be interested in hearing from lots of you, including those
      > who might not have contributed before.
      >

      > Cari

      Hi Cari,
      My interest in this list is history. I love history and have loved
      history since I first learned to read. I read history books for fun.
      My daughter bought me three history books for Christmas this year.
      Best Christmas present ever. Anyway, I love reading what y'all write
      but I don't care to argue the fine points myself.

      Has historical Gnosticism changed my life? I don't think so. I
      believe if I had never heard of the ancient Gnostics my beliefs would
      be basically the same as they are now.

      George
      Message 46 of 46 , Jun 9 9:18 PM
        You are so patient, Cari, but my post was so explicetly about
        the "afterlife" in Gnosticism and the lack of continuation of the
        self identity with the rejoining into the Source, that I don't think
        Fred really missed my point so badly as to think I was talking about
        some form of Buddhist monastic ego death. I think instead he is
        purposfully taking my words out of context to be trite (something he
        has already been reprimanded for). *sigh* He will be able to post
        again when he is ready for serious conversation.