Re: Question Series #1 - Identity and the Divine Spark

  • mheinich
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 12 9:17 AM
      At first, I felt that my fears were justified after reading the two
      replies to my question. But further reflection showed me that some
      of these fears are unrealistic and reflect my adversion to change.

      I feel my answer or partial answer can be summed up in this phrase:
      "To travel the path is to enter the crucible and come out changed on
      the other side."

      This is a play on Leto's statement to Stilgar at the end of Children
      of Dune which uses some heavy mystical messages. Specially near the
      end. But it suits my purpose.

      We are constantly changing. And following the path causes us to
      change in a particular manner. I will not be the same person a year
      from now(hopefully) though there will be memories and experiences
      (which I am not sure are good things to lose after physical death)
      but bad habits and traits need to be pushed aside or controlled since
      these can be barriers to continuing on to further enlightenment and
      salvation.