Re: Lost Christianities by Ehrman

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8, 2004
      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "mheinich" <mheinich@y...> wrote:
      > I was wondering if anyone here has read these two books:
      >
      > Lost Scriptures: Books That Did Not Make It into the New Testament
      > by Bart D. Ehrman (Editor)
      >
      > Lost Christianities: The Battle for Scripture and the Faiths We
      Never
      > Knew
      > by Bart D. Ehrman
      >
      > I heard an interview with this man on NPR which got me fasinated
      > about early christianity. I went out and bought the books and
      found
      > Lost Christianities to be a great read for someone that does not
      know
      > much about this subject (like me). He does cover the major
      factions
      > including the Gnostics as well as the bible and some of the books
      > that did not make it. I started looking for more information on
      > Gnosticism because of my introduction to them from this book.

      Well, we're glad to see you here, Michael. Actually, Gerry, who is
      currently very busy with offline matters, is another member who has
      read some of Bart Ehrman's books and recently attended one of his
      seminars. Even though Gerry is not currently available for comment,
      you're welcome to search the archives to read past messages dealing
      with this subject. You might want to just type "Bart Ehrman" in
      the "search archives" box on the group message board page. I believe
      discussion began in December last year.

      Also, if you haven't already, you might want to check out our links
      for further reference.
      http://gnosis.org/ has a wealth of information, including original
      source materials, such as the Nag Hammadi Library.

      In the meantime, thanks for continuing to share your questions,
      thoughts and insights with us, Michael.