Gnostics in Austin, Tx area?

  • mheinich
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2004
      Does anyone know if there any Gnostic oriented churches, groups or
      fellowships in the Austin (Texas) area? The best thing I have found
      so far is a Unitarian Church that says it has a few "mystics"
      attending.
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 7, 2004
        Hello mheinich

        On 04/07/04, you wrote:

        > Does anyone know if there any Gnostic oriented churches, groups or
        > fellowships in the Austin (Texas) area? The best thing I have found
        > so far is a Unitarian Church that says it has a few "mystics"
        > attending.

        There was an Old Catholic Bishop in Austin, but he went from being a
        rather liberal Bishop to a highly Orthodox one. He condescended to
        letting the two women Deacons he had ordained stay in orders, but
        with the understanding they would never be priests, and that no more
        women would be ordained Deacons. I have no idea what he is doing
        now, and I don't remember his name.