Re: The Hypostasis of the Archons

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2004
      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, marinas_snake <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:
      > Hi!
      >
      > Anyone know where I can find some background information on "The
      > Hypostatis of the Archons"? Thank you!
      >
      > Marina

      Hi, Marina. You can get a start with some introductions to the work,
      _Hypostasis of the Archons_, a.k.a. _The Reality of the Rulers_.

      James M. Robinson's _The Nag Hammadi Library_ offers background in an
      introduction by Roger A. Bullard (pages 161-162 of the Third,
      Completely Revised Edition).

      Bentley Layton's _The Gnostic Scriptures_ also has an excellent
      introduction (pages 65-67), plus copious footnotes and cross-
      references throughout Layton's translation.

      Stephan Hoeller also discusses this myth in one of his lectures ~
      http://www.gnosis.org/gnostsoc/prslectures.htm

      (scroll about 2/3 down, under "Gnostic Scriptures," 5/10/2000, "The
      Other Story of Creation")

      Perhaps other members might know of additional scholarly articles.....

      Cari
    • marinas_snake
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6, 2004
        > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, marinas_snake <no_reply@y...>
        > wrote:
        > > Hi!
        > >
        > > Anyone know where I can find some background information on "The
        > > Hypostatis of the Archons"? Thank you!
        > >
        > > Marina
        >

        > Hi, Marina. You can get a start with some introductions to the
        work,
        > _Hypostasis of the Archons_, a.k.a. _The Reality of the Rulers_.
        >
        > James M. Robinson's _The Nag Hammadi Library_ offers background in
        an
        > introduction by Roger A. Bullard (pages 161-162 of the Third,
        > Completely Revised Edition).
        >
        > Bentley Layton's _The Gnostic Scriptures_ also has an excellent
        > introduction (pages 65-67), plus copious footnotes and cross-
        > references throughout Layton's translation.
        >
        > Stephan Hoeller also discusses this myth in one of his lectures ~
        > http://www.gnosis.org/gnostsoc/prslectures.htm
        >
        > (scroll about 2/3 down, under "Gnostic Scriptures," 5/10/2000, "The
        > Other Story of Creation")
        >

        > Perhaps other members might know of additional scholarly
        articles.....

        > Cari

        Thanks Cari, I will check out some of your suggestions this weekend.

        Marina