Re: The Hypostasis of the Archons

  • marinas_snake
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2004
      Hi!

      Anyone know where I can find some background information on "The
      Hypostatis of the Archons"? Thank you!

      Marina
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6, 2004
        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, marinas_snake <no_reply@y...>
        wrote:
        > Hi!
        >
        > Anyone know where I can find some background information on "The
        > Hypostatis of the Archons"? Thank you!
        >
        > Marina

        Hi, Marina. You can get a start with some introductions to the work,
        _Hypostasis of the Archons_, a.k.a. _The Reality of the Rulers_.

        James M. Robinson's _The Nag Hammadi Library_ offers background in an
        introduction by Roger A. Bullard (pages 161-162 of the Third,
        Completely Revised Edition).

        Bentley Layton's _The Gnostic Scriptures_ also has an excellent
        introduction (pages 65-67), plus copious footnotes and cross-
        references throughout Layton's translation.

        Stephan Hoeller also discusses this myth in one of his lectures ~
        http://www.gnosis.org/gnostsoc/prslectures.htm

        (scroll about 2/3 down, under "Gnostic Scriptures," 5/10/2000, "The
        Other Story of Creation")

        Perhaps other members might know of additional scholarly articles.....

        Cari
      • marinas_snake
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6, 2004
          > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, marinas_snake <no_reply@y...>
          > wrote:
          > > Hi!
          > >
          > > Anyone know where I can find some background information on "The
          > > Hypostatis of the Archons"? Thank you!
          > >
          > > Marina
          >

          > Hi, Marina. You can get a start with some introductions to the
          work,
          > _Hypostasis of the Archons_, a.k.a. _The Reality of the Rulers_.
          >
          > James M. Robinson's _The Nag Hammadi Library_ offers background in
          an
          > introduction by Roger A. Bullard (pages 161-162 of the Third,
          > Completely Revised Edition).
          >
          > Bentley Layton's _The Gnostic Scriptures_ also has an excellent
          > introduction (pages 65-67), plus copious footnotes and cross-
          > references throughout Layton's translation.
          >
          > Stephan Hoeller also discusses this myth in one of his lectures ~
          > http://www.gnosis.org/gnostsoc/prslectures.htm
          >
          > (scroll about 2/3 down, under "Gnostic Scriptures," 5/10/2000, "The
          > Other Story of Creation")
          >

          > Perhaps other members might know of additional scholarly
          articles.....

          > Cari

          Thanks Cari, I will check out some of your suggestions this weekend.

          Marina