Re: [Gnosticism2] Thomas, Philip,... acquaintance

  • Blissful Branches
    Message 1 of 42 , Mar 6, 2004
      Greetings Cari,

      Just did a quick read through your email, but am looking forward to thoroughly re-reading your thoughts including the links relating to the Gospels of Philip & Thomas.  I also need to read up on the Valentinians, which I believe to be another group of Cathars. However,  I will have a proper email to you shortly.  What you wrote definitely "resonates" with me a great deal.

      Just a quick note on what I may have taken in, and again I could be off the mark completely, but somehow Kundalini Yoga came to mind as I read though some of the messages of Thomas & Philip, which discuss self-discovery and what we already possess, which in turn, can take us to a level of Higher Consciousness.  In Kundalini Yoga, I have come to befriend my Spirit/Soul and in doing so we meditate on the Word, the Nam.  This mantra is known as a Bij Mantra/Seed Sound called "Sat Nam,"  which means "True Identity."  Sat means Truth and Nam means name or identity.  As one begins to say this mantra with reverence, one's true self begins to evolve, becoming "one in spirit."  As the Truth unfolds, one connects with the Divine, where Universal answers are revealed to those who chant or pray with reverence.  PS- It was on the Path of Kundalini where I learned to befriend my Soul/Spirit, and where everything we do or say rides on one's breath, which I believe is the true elixir of life, or "Fountain of Youth."  I think the breath is just one of the many gifts that all of us possess, that is already within us, yet so many before us, thought to be outside of us.

      Anyway, enough of my blah, blahing Cari. I have my reading cut out for me here.

      Have a great weekend!

      Bliss

      Do you Yahoo!?
      Message 42 of 42 , Mar 7, 2004
        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, Blissful Branches
        <blissful_branches@y...> wrote:
        > Thanks for clearing those things up for me. Aside from being new
        to the group, please note that I do need to do quite a bit of
        reading. I also agree that Kundalini & Gnosticism are not two of the
        same, but merely conveying that the Gospels Thomas and Philip had
        certain qualities that remind me of Kundalini.

        > Please be patient with me.
        >
        > All the best,
        > Bliss

        Hey Bliss.

        Forgive me for not looking back in the earlier messages, but I'm
        hoping you were the one who had questions about how it was decided
        which books made it into the Bible. Here's a link that covers the
        canonization process:

        http://www.westarinstitute.org/Periodicals/4R_Articles/Canon/canon.htm

        I hate that it looks like you may have to cut and paste one letter to
        make that work, but you may find it interesting enough to make it
        worth the bother.