Can everyone be saved by Gnosis?

  • K.M.Hunter
    Message 1 of 42 , Feb 12, 2004
      On the issue of judgement, and of the 'elect', I have thought on this
      myself. In my own understanding of the universe, its foundation is
      infinite. Thus, I don't like to think that, "in order for some to
      succeed, others must fail". When it comes to the issue of salvation
      or of activating our full potential and achieving gnosis, I think
      that all people have the power to be saved. In some fundamental way I
      do not like to consider that some souls are created with a pre-
      ordained fate that they must fail, forever. Its one of the most
      troubling things to consider in gnostic studies. It is like
      an 'educational issue'. Do you have an 'absolute pass' rate, where
      everybody can pass if they achieve a certain standard, where people
      are only truly in competition with themselves, or is the universe
      created so that by pre-ordained natural law, a set proportion of
      souls will achieve gnosis and a set proportion must fail? Indeed, I
      confess my own ignorance in this matter. I do hope that the former is
      true, based on, if nothing else my belief that the foundation of
      God's Universe is infinite, and that the potential exists prior to
      the beginning of creation, for all to have 'a chance'. I am uneasy
      though with this word chance, for it implies randomness, and this is
      something that I cannot except as being any part of the true creation
      of all that is.

      Do others here in this room have a view on these points. Can anybody
      inspire me to the truth?

      Lightpotential.
      Message 42 of 42 , Mar 7, 2004
        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, Blissful Branches
        <blissful_branches@y...> wrote:
        > Thanks for clearing those things up for me. Aside from being new
        to the group, please note that I do need to do quite a bit of
        reading. I also agree that Kundalini & Gnosticism are not two of the
        same, but merely conveying that the Gospels Thomas and Philip had
        certain qualities that remind me of Kundalini.

        > Please be patient with me.
        >
        > All the best,
        > Bliss

        Hey Bliss.

        Forgive me for not looking back in the earlier messages, but I'm
        hoping you were the one who had questions about how it was decided
        which books made it into the Bible. Here's a link that covers the
        canonization process:

        http://www.westarinstitute.org/Periodicals/4R_Articles/Canon/canon.htm

        I hate that it looks like you may have to cut and paste one letter to
        make that work, but you may find it interesting enough to make it
        worth the bother.