Re: the reasons for Reason

  • jachthondus
    Message 1 of 147 , Feb 9, 2004
      Dear Gavin,

      Thank you very much for sharing this so openly with me; and
      I'm ever so glad to hear that in the end this new medicine turned-up
      for you!
      My situation is different from yours', and has to do with rheumatics/
      arthritis and muscles, but thank-Heaven I'm very "mobile" and even
      can walk my (fortunately very obedient) dogs...
      There have-been/still-are periods however, in which I suddenly simply
      can't "lift-up" small things like f.i. a cup or a glass or a pencil.

      As you might have read in my former posts, it's only recently (since
      a year or-so) that I have come to take a look over the "wall"
      of "pure-logical-reasoning", but although I still do feel "amazed" by
      this newly-discovered-world, I feel very grateful and happy!
      There is SO much to read and to think and to learn for me...
      It's "questions, questions, questions", but also great TRUST!

      I have NO idea where this "knowing" to be walking in the right
      direction suddenly came from... You?
      How does one come to change from a life-long "no-nonsense-agnostic"
      to a searcher for God and Gnosis?...
      Not because of "pain", as that was already there...
      What do you think?

      In the meantime I can't help to still feel a little uneasy to have
      brought this "pain-subject" on the List, being afraid to "bother"
      people. Can you understand?

      On the other hand I would very much like to talk with you about this
      for-once off-list. If you also might would feel for talking, you're
      very welcome on my e-mail-adress. If not, I also could understand!

      With Warm Regards,

      Jach.

      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Gavin Riggott" <wu@n...> wrote:
      > > Thank you SO much, dear Mike, for responding and understanding!
      > >
      > > (To tell you the truth: I immediately regretted to have mentioned
      > > this)...
      >
      > Don't regret it, Jach, sometimes it's good to get these things off
      your
      > chest or out in the open. I have a neurological condition called
      FRDA that

      Message 147 of 147 , Feb 29, 2004
        Hello Gerry

        On 29-Feb-04, you wrote:

        > http://www.nmsi.ac.uk/piclib/imagerecord.asp?id=10411307 This is a
        > nutshell version attributing the image's first known use to French
        > astronomer Camille Flammarion in 1888.

        I cannot remember the name of his book, but Flammarion was into the
        Occult and Metaphysical, more or less Theosophical in tone if I
        remember right, so he may have consciously altered the older 16th
        Century image to suit his more modern Occult outlook. Just another
        coincidence, though perhaps. AFAIK, he was not involved in the late
        19th century French Gnostic movement, though I could be wrong on
        that.