Re: the reasons for Reason

  • jachthondus
    Message 1 of 147 , Feb 8, 2004
      Thank you SO much, dear Mike, for responding and understanding!

      (To tell you the truth: I immediately regretted to have mentioned
      this)...

      Only ONE-TIME I have taken a pain-stiller before going to sleep; and
      afterwards no more.
      I just DON't want to have this "pain" getting ANY influence
      whatsoever on my thinking; and indeed (what you are saying) in one-
      way-or-another one get's a sort of "used" to it when it continues all
      the time...

      I really feel relieved, reading your post; and I'll tell you what
      kept/keeps me rather happy despite of this pain, being the text of
      St.Paul's Roman-Letter chapter 14;13, which at this moment is exactly
      what I wish for you.

      Peace and Love,

      Jach.

      Message 147 of 147 , Feb 29, 2004
        Hello Gerry

        On 29-Feb-04, you wrote:

        > http://www.nmsi.ac.uk/piclib/imagerecord.asp?id=10411307 This is a
        > nutshell version attributing the image's first known use to French
        > astronomer Camille Flammarion in 1888.

        I cannot remember the name of his book, but Flammarion was into the
        Occult and Metaphysical, more or less Theosophical in tone if I
        remember right, so he may have consciously altered the older 16th
        Century image to suit his more modern Occult outlook. Just another
        coincidence, though perhaps. AFAIK, he was not involved in the late
        19th century French Gnostic movement, though I could be wrong on
        that.