Re: the reasons for Reason

    Message 1 of 147 , Feb 7, 2004
      Hello jachthondus

      On 07-Feb-04, you wrote:

      > Dear Gerry,
      >
      > Just sort-of struggling-out of my illness now, which NEARLY deprived
      > me from "THINKING" because of this Stupid-thing, which is
      > called "physical-pain"...
      >
      > Boys, oh boys... I'm SO GRATEFUL to be able to THINK again, and
      > leave this "automatical-pilot" of trying to keep-up a nice-, social-
      > behaviour to my surroundings behind me...
      >
      > It really SCARED me, how heavy-, and continuous "physical-pain"
      > suddenly can be so "overwhelming" that one can't concentrate
      > any longer on the thoughts of one's own-mind...
      > I urged myself to concentrate, but sometimes I simply couldn't!

      You learn to live with it, I know.

      > I never have gone through such an "ordeal" before, but what
      > "rescued" me every-time again was a little-flash of "KNOWING" about
      > "call-it- "GOD"...
      >
      > Sorry if I should have bothered you with this; but none of my
      > friends/children/who-ever would be able to "understand"; so I choose
      > to keep silent about this experience.
      >
      > I somehow am feeling that You will not think me too "stupid", when
      > sharing this?!
      >
      > With Warm Regards,
      >
      > Jach.

      Not at all, the first time you have to deal with it, it can be
      overpowering. Just keep using pain killers to a minimum. Use them
      only when you have to, or you are going to sleep. And avoid doing
      what causes or aggravates the pain, as much as you can, but keep as
      active as you can within those parameters. Good luck, I hope this is
      a transitory situation for you and not permanent like my back.

      Message 147 of 147 , Feb 29, 2004
        Hello Gerry

        On 29-Feb-04, you wrote:

        > http://www.nmsi.ac.uk/piclib/imagerecord.asp?id=10411307 This is a
        > nutshell version attributing the image's first known use to French
        > astronomer Camille Flammarion in 1888.

        I cannot remember the name of his book, but Flammarion was into the
        Occult and Metaphysical, more or less Theosophical in tone if I
        remember right, so he may have consciously altered the older 16th
        Century image to suit his more modern Occult outlook. Just another
        coincidence, though perhaps. AFAIK, he was not involved in the late
        19th century French Gnostic movement, though I could be wrong on
        that.