Re: the reasons for Reason

  • jachthondus
    Message 1 of 147 , Feb 7, 2004
      Dear Gerry,

      Just sort-of struggling-out of my ilness now, which NEARLY deprived
      me from "THINKING" because of this Stupid-thing, which is
      called "physical-pain"...

      Boys, oh boys... I'm SO GRATEFUL to be able to THINK again, and leave
      this "automatical-pilot" of trying to keep-up a nice-, social-
      behaviour to my surroundings behind me...

      It really SCARED me, how heavy-, and continuous "physical-pain"
      suddenly can be so "overwhelming" that one can't concentrate
      anylonger on the thoughts of one's own-mind...
      I urged myself to concentrate, but sometimes I simply couldn't!

      I never have gone through such an "ordeal" before, but what "rescued"
      me every-time again was a little-flash of "KNOWING" about "call-it-
      "GOD"...

      Sorry if I should have bothered you with this; but none of my
      friends/children/who-ever would be able to "understand"; so I choose
      to keep silent about this experience.

      I somehow am feeling that You will not think me too "stupid", when
      sharing this?!

      With Warm Regards,

      Jach.

      Message 147 of 147 , Feb 29, 2004
        Hello Gerry

        On 29-Feb-04, you wrote:

        > http://www.nmsi.ac.uk/piclib/imagerecord.asp?id=10411307 This is a
        > nutshell version attributing the image's first known use to French
        > astronomer Camille Flammarion in 1888.

        I cannot remember the name of his book, but Flammarion was into the
        Occult and Metaphysical, more or less Theosophical in tone if I
        remember right, so he may have consciously altered the older 16th
        Century image to suit his more modern Occult outlook. Just another
        coincidence, though perhaps. AFAIK, he was not involved in the late
        19th century French Gnostic movement, though I could be wrong on
        that.