Re: Hello Everyone

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2004
      Hello pmcvflag

      On 06-Feb-04, you wrote:

      > But the sacraments ARE rituals, Anne Marie, and they often were
      > meant to perform the function that you are asking about. However, I
      > think I know what you are driving at. It does seem possible that
      > there were meditative techniques like those we see in Yoga or the
      > Kabbalah. I am unaware of any books on the subject, and if you DO
      > find books on the subject, I would be highly suspicious of their
      > accuracy. Perhaps some other member here has read something.

      Well there are always the Spiritual Exercises of Ignatius Loyola. :-)
      Just reading Jacob Boehme or a lot of Gnostic texts can do this to
      you (try the Gospel Of Truth, for instance). During our Good Friday
      service during the round dance, I went into another dimension, but
      being Narrator, I had to pull myself back to complete my duties in
      the ritual, the good of the many over the good of the one, and all
      that kind of stuff.

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 6, 2004
        >>>Well there are always the Spiritual Exercises of Ignatius
        Loyola. :-)
        Just reading Jacob Boehme or a lot of Gnostic texts can do this to
        you (try the Gospel Of Truth, for instance). During our Good Friday
        service during the round dance, I went into another dimension, but
        being Narrator, I had to pull myself back to complete my duties in
        the ritual, the good of the many over the good of the one, and all
        that kind of stuff.

        Mike Leavitt ac998@...<<<<

        Actually Mike, I am with you on the "just reading a lot of Gnostic
        texts", I have had similar experiences of practically being slung
        into the ether during a reading... public or private.