Re: Question re: Inspiration

  • parkrome
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 14, 2004
      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Unknown" <hey_market@y...> wrote:
      > Gee, I've never heard and infant ask a question quite like that,
      > you know, with quite the same phrasing, and so I'd say your
      > question about the origins or root of knowledge, and belief, is
      > downright sophisticated.
      > Then again, maybe this is what babies are crying about when
      > they seem to be screaming at us for answers.

      ROFLOL. I just love this metaphor! At least I hope it to be a
      metaphor, something less than an idictment anyway.

      I was raised a Jehovah's Witness, departed the religion 25 years ago
      after studying the labyrinth of what was presented to be "orthodoxy",
      including koine/attic greek, formal exegesis and hermeneutics,
      logic/linguistics and philosophy. In time I found there to be no
      such thing as "orthodoxy", today at least, and no answers in the
      external world of the sort that the ill-defined term "truth" seems to

      So perhaps, in some small way, what "truth" I have seemed to come to
      know over the past many years, upon which I have grown to rely and
      express to my conscious self as the meaning of my existence, to
      myself and to what is, might be something akin to gnostic. The
      term "closet" gnostic comes to mind, but that would not be accurate
      either, since I cannot conceive of such a relation to myself. More a
      joke that might be winked at orthodoxy as it pronounces its
      propositional sets upon the heretics, I suppose.

      At any rate, this was enlightening, and I very much appreciate the
      referred by Gale, thank you again.