Re: I am a New Member...A thinking sponge!!

    Message 1 of 147 , Jan 8, 2004
      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, Gamdunc@w... wrote:
      > Oops! I'm not Mike Leavitt either!
      >
      > Feel like an idiot . . . .
      >
      > Shalom,
      >
      > Gale

      Gale, it would be most helpful if you included something in your
      replies that indicated to whom and about what you're responding.

      Conversely, I believe it was Mike who suggested some time ago
      (particularly for those who communicate with this list via e-mail,
      especially the ones who receive a daily digest) that excessive
      portions of unnecessary text from earlier in a message thread be
      eliminated prior to replying. It cuts down on a lot of "scrolling"
      and skimming for the "substance" of a post on the part of the reader.

      Message 147 of 147 , Feb 29, 2004
        Hello Gerry

        On 29-Feb-04, you wrote:

        > http://www.nmsi.ac.uk/piclib/imagerecord.asp?id=10411307 This is a
        > nutshell version attributing the image's first known use to French
        > astronomer Camille Flammarion in 1888.

        I cannot remember the name of his book, but Flammarion was into the
        Occult and Metaphysical, more or less Theosophical in tone if I
        remember right, so he may have consciously altered the older 16th
        Century image to suit his more modern Occult outlook. Just another
        coincidence, though perhaps. AFAIK, he was not involved in the late
        19th century French Gnostic movement, though I could be wrong on
        that.