Re: I am a New Member...A thinking sponge!!

    Message 1 of 147 , Jan 7, 2004
      Hello daath40

      Done.

      Message 147 of 147 , Feb 29, 2004
        Hello Gerry

        On 29-Feb-04, you wrote:

        > http://www.nmsi.ac.uk/piclib/imagerecord.asp?id=10411307 This is a
        > nutshell version attributing the image's first known use to French
        > astronomer Camille Flammarion in 1888.

        I cannot remember the name of his book, but Flammarion was into the
        Occult and Metaphysical, more or less Theosophical in tone if I
        remember right, so he may have consciously altered the older 16th
        Century image to suit his more modern Occult outlook. Just another
        coincidence, though perhaps. AFAIK, he was not involved in the late
        19th century French Gnostic movement, though I could be wrong on
        that.