"Johannite"

  • daath40
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 14, 2003
      Dominus Vobiscum!

      As a practising Johannite Gnostic and soon-to-be Ordained Deacon in
      the Apostolic Johannite church (AJC),

      (our Conclave is next weekend in Victoria BC, if there are any here
      interested in attending - great chance for you to meet a few of the
      presiding Bishops from the North American College of Gnostic
      Bishops - write me at daath40@... for
      details)

      I am unfamiliar with David Brons from a 'Johannite' perspective. I
      have written our Primate to ask if he can provide further
      enlightenment in this regard. I'll pass along his comments If you'd
      like : )

      I do like much of David's material from Gnosis.org tho' : )

      LVX

      Daath40
    • Terje Bergersen
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 15, 2003
        > I am unfamiliar with David Brons from a 'Johannite' perspective. I
        > have written our Primate to ask if he can provide further
        > enlightenment in this regard. I'll pass along his comments If you'd
        > like : )

        David Brons did not write anything for the Johannite site,
        and most certainly not representing the AJC.
        The situation was this: David`s website disappeared into the
        maelstrom of oblivion about a year back, and a little while
        after that we began discussing the Valentinians on this list,
        James F. Foster (the former Primate) participated here, and
        suggested that he would make a backup from the Google cache
        which still contained David`s site - and make arrangements
        with the author. On my part I attempted to contact him about
        this, but the old email address I had for him (the same as
        the one provided on his site) - so others took it upon themselves,
        eventually Lance Owens came around to contacting him and got an
        OK for an archive of the articles on Gnosis Archive (where the
        "Gnostic Thomas" book of Herbert Christian Merillat also is hosted
        with his permission.. a recommended read in these "Jesus Mysteries"
        times, if not anything, for complemention). There`s been a lot
        of water flowing under the bridge from then.

        Anyways, Pneumen insisted on citing the article on "Faith and Knowledge"
        as the product of the Johannite Church. This edged me to try to clarify
        matters - one of the reasons is that David`s material has been used
        in different contexts without his credit - 5 years ago, someone involved
        with the "Assembly of Good Christians" (Cathar Church) edited his article
        on the Valentinians treatment of Jesus, basically find/replaced every
        mention of the Valentinian/Gnostic etc. view to the word "Cathar"; David
        thought that rude and wrote to the moderator/editor of that site, and they
        removed their offending article willingly, instead linking to David`s
        original with a suggestion for a "comparable read" on the subject.
        Also, I inspected the archive of the now removed section and discovered
        that along the way the contents initially identified as the work of David
        changed into something "from an anonymous author, thought to be in the
        Public Domain"..I didn`t find that charming, perhaps others also didnt,
        however now I suppose everything is hunky dory, since the section is
        presently removed from the johannite.org site and instead there`s a link
        to the "official" Gnosis.org archive for the articles.

        I notice now there`s Shaun at the wheel, from what I`ve read of his
        articles he might be more sensitive than James was.. I wont say much more
        about things. Wishing you luck, as a Deacon myself - on your journey into
        servitude and sophianity.

        Pax Pleromae

        --
        Terje Dahl Bergersen
        terje@...
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 15, 2003
          Dominus Vobiscum

          Thank You for the clarification, Brother; as you say, the material
          was not Johannite in origin, although good.

          I have been told (and I believe) that it was never +James' intention
          to not credit the original author fully and that is why the material
          is now 'linked to' only.

          The new Primate +Shaun works closely with me and it is also our
          intention to begin anew inter-church dialogue. This topic and others
          related will be a discussion at our upcoming Conclave this weekend.

          A major part of my own Ministry is/will be the 'building' of bridges
          between complementary Faiths and I look forward to corresponding with
          you in the future in this regard.

          I am currently nearing the end of the AJC formal Formation Program
          and look forward to full admission to Priestly Orders in the near
          future.

          Veritas Lux Mea

          Rev Mr Ken Madden
          'Daath40'