Population Control

  • walkinginclogs@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2003
      Nature has a way of controling population if we don't do it ourselves through
      birth control, abortion, etc. We have no way of stopping nature. To be
      politically correct, we always say "nature" when we really mean God. If we don't
      have wars, then we will have disease or pestalences. Homosexuality is another
      of nature's way of population control. Take a look at the animal kingdom.
      God has a way of randomly killing to keep down the population.

      I guess those who oppose the death penalty are really on God's side when you
      think of it Maybe when they let killers loose to kill again, instead of
      executing them, maybe they are just helping God control population.
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 5, 2003
        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, walkinginclogs@a... wrote:
        > Nature has a way of controling population if we don't do it
        ourselves through
        > birth control, abortion, etc. We have no way of stopping nature.
        To be
        > politically correct, we always say "nature" when we really mean
        God. If we don't
        > have wars, then we will have disease or pestalences. Homosexuality
        is another
        > of nature's way of population control. Take a look at the animal
        kingdom.
        > God has a way of randomly killing to keep down the population.
        >
        > I guess those who oppose the death penalty are really on God's side
        when you
        > think of it Maybe when they let killers loose to kill again,
        instead of
        > executing them, maybe they are just helping God control population.

        Spike, let's just look a moment at what you've said. For starters,
        your assertion is internally inconsistent. While stating that "we
        have no way of stopping nature," the previous sentence you write
        seems to indicate an inherent responsibility for Man to take control
        of it, and where we fall short, Nature is fully equipped to
        compensate. So, we can alter its course after all?

        Furthermore, you may want to observe actual trends in world
        population statistics. From the time that my grandparents were born
        to the birth of my parents, the figure almost doubled. By the time
        my sister and I were youngsters, the number had virtually doubled
        again. Now, during the course of my lifetime, humanity across the
        face of the earth has increased by almost half, with the other half
        projected to fall into place over the next forty years:

        http://www.census.gov/ipc/www/img/worldpop.gif

        This begs the obvious question (if no one else will ask it) of how do
        you see the population being "controlled" either by Nature, by Man,
        or by whatever concept of God you're talking about? If "He" has some
        sort of hand in controlling it, I must say, He's doing an incredibly
        lousy job.

        Generally speaking, the orthodox God gave orders for mankind to
        procreate. In Gnostic writings, this is often seen as a perpetuation
        of the physical entrapment of Spirit——yet another mandate from a
        manipulative demiurge and his gang of archons. If you see something
        else in the texts that supports your claim, you would do well to
        offer it next time to make you post relevant to the forum.

        Gerry
      • walkinginclogs@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 5, 2003
          In a message dated 12/5/2003 1:18:33 PM Central Standard Time, gerryhsp@... writes:

          to make you post relevant to the forum.

          Gerry

          Yes, he did tell them to have all those children, but he was telling them when the earth was empty.  I have no idea whether your post was relevant to the forum or not either.  I have a college degree, and I would still have to take a dictionary and look up every other word you wrote.  For instance, why not just say like the bible says "Multiply and fill the earth", rather than "procreate", whatever that word means.  :--)
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 5, 2003
            But cwbyspike, what does this have to do with Gnosticism?

            PMCV