Re: Anthropomorphic mistakes

    Message 1 of 97 , Nov 6, 2003
      > Hello lady_caritas
      >
      > On 05-Nov-03, you wrote:
      > > This could also be a point of contention. Any thoughts here?
      > >

      > > Cari
      >
      > None other than to say that you have summed up my good Bishop's
      > position on Jung and Gnosis better than I could have.
      >
      > Regards
      > --
      > Mike Leavitt ac998@l...

      Ah, you are very kind, Mike, but you give me too much credit. Dr.
      Hoeller eloquently speaks for himself. I merely slapped together a
      few of his quotes. ;-)

      Cari
    • Terje Bergersen
      Message 97 of 97 , Nov 17, 2003
        > Interesting to hear it put that way - I haven't read Bauer (yet), so
        > Gnostic Gospels felt like an historian exploring new ground. Based
        > on her bibliography and notes, I at least had a sense that Pagels was
        > leaning on Bauer.

        As far as I can see, Walter Bauer is considered somewhat of a pioneer
        in the investigative genre of "Early Christian" scholarship - especially
        with the Comittee to which Pagels belonged (the Coptic Gnostic Library
        Comittee of scholars).

        Anyways, I was just butting in to inform the readers of this list
        that they can make their own mind up, without much trouble and without
        parting with money - Bauer`s chief work is online

        Walter Bauer: Orthodoxy and Heresy in Earliest Christianity

        http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/~humm/Resources/Bauer/

        Pax Pleromae

        --
        Terje Dahl Bergersen