Re: [Gnosticism2] Re: A level of the Logos

  • Ginosko
    Message 1 of 24 , Nov 1, 2003
      MM PMCV

      Tis fine to temper them with the Gnostic texts, but know also that each will
      temper them with their own cultural, language, and personal interpretations
      as well.

      Not to mention the varying traditions in the NHL that interpreted
      differently as well.

      And also that the Jewish God is but a conglomeration of two earlier Sumerian
      Gods, Enki and Enlil.

      Some of the texts have the demiurge as the one who created man in the NHL.
      Others have him as merely blind to the fact that he did no creating at all.
      Obviosly those who favour the creation by the demiurge favour the
      Valentinian exposition over the other docs or the interpretaion is used to
      colour the way they see the others.

      Now I'll ask you, who sent the flood, the plagues, etc. Was it Enki or
      Enlil?

      Tis the same God of the Pistis Sophia, i.e. the mirror image that we see,
      i.e.

      "The Lord of the Universe is not called 'Father', but 'Forefather', the
      beginning of those that will appear, but he (the Lord) is the beginningless
      Forefather. Seeing himself within himself in a mirror, he appeared
      resembling himself, but his likeness appeared as Divine Self-Father, and
      <as> Confronter over the Confronted ones, First Existent Unbegotten Father.
      He is indeed of equal age <with> the Light that is before him, but he is not
      equal to him in power...... "

      This image here is the demiurge and is but the image of the forefather.

      MP
      Penn

      --
      Every being has the Buddha Nature. This is the self.

      Buddhism. Mahaparinirvana Sutra 214

    • Paul Kieniewicz
      Message 2 of 24 , Nov 2, 2003
        Hi

        I thought that some of you might be interested in this review of  David Lindsay's "A Voyage to Arcturus" .

        While this isn't classic gnosticism, the novel, published orriginally in 1920 appears to be heavily influenced by gnostic writings --- at least whatever was available then. I reccommend the book to anyone interested in the gnostic message.

        Paul

        Author of "Immortality Machine"
        Visit Planet Erda at http://www.PlanetErda.com

        Do you Yahoo!?