Re: Matrix

  • Kevin E. Houchin
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2003
      I just joined this group this morning, so someone may have already
      posted this book and I just missed it...

      Anyway.

      There's a great book available in most bookstores titled "The Matrix
      and Philosophy" (ISBN: 0-8126-9501-1). It goes into a good bit of
      deapth discussing how The Matrix fits into the major philisophic
      structures.

      -Kevin
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2003
        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin E. Houchin"
        <kevin.houchin@w...> wrote:
        > I just joined this group this morning, so someone may have already
        > posted this book and I just missed it...
        >
        > Anyway.
        >
        > There's a great book available in most bookstores titled "The
        Matrix
        > and Philosophy" (ISBN: 0-8126-9501-1). It goes into a good bit of
        > deapth discussing how The Matrix fits into the major philisophic
        > structures.
        >
        > -Kevin

        Yeah, it was mentioned back in April (post #7572).

        The book really covers a broad spectrum of contributors, including a
        feminist perspective comparing _The Matrix_ with another film,
        _eXistenZ_ (which I didn't care for).

        You may enjoy another more Gnostic-specific link about the film's
        philosophy which was shared during past discussions here:

        http://www.unomaha.edu/~wwwjrf/gnostic.htm

        Gerry
      • Kevin E. Houchin
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2003