Cathar rather harsh opinions

  • Mangum Murdock
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30 8:51 PM

      That the devil has made this world and all what is there.

      All sacraments of the Church, i.e. the sacrament of baptism with material water, and other sacraments don't serve salvation at all, and are not true sacraments of Christ and his Church, but are misleading and devilish.

      Carnal marriage has been a mortal sin always, and one is no more punished in future for adultery or incest than for legitimate marriage, and not for that, among them, one will be
      more gravely punished.

      Cathars deny the future resurrection of flesh.

      They believe that eating meat, eggs or cheese, even in case of urgent need, is a mortal sin, and that because it comes from coitus.

      It's not to permitted to swear in any case, and for this reason it is a mortal sin.

      That nobody can be saved but by them.

      Do you Yahoo!?
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 30 10:02 PM
        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, Mangum Murdock
        <mangummurdock@y...> wrote:

        > [...]
        > It's not to permitted to swear in any case, and for this reason it
        is a mortal sin.

        > That nobody can be saved but by them.

        I see that Cari has already addressed a comment in your other post to
        which I was just now replying, but let me follow it up by pointing
        out an example in this post.

        If people are dependent on a particular group (or sacrament) for
        their spiritual salvation, then it is obviously not an individual
        process. In fact, if something like "swearing" is considered
        a "mortal sin" (as opposed to the sin of ignorance), then it's quite
        apparent that gnosis has little soteriological value in such a system.