Re: Hello I'm new here

    Message 1 of 25 , Sep 16, 2003
      It would actually be quite interesting to go into the difference
      between how Clement and Irenaeus deal with Gnosticism in thier
      polemics. Let's make no mistake though, that Clement was as much a
      polemicist as Irenaeus. Because of this, just as we notice a
      difference between the polemic writings agains Origen and his actual
      works, we do find that Clements understanding of his Gnostic targets
      are often a bit off mark.

      Actually, we just recently had a conversation concerning the
      difference between Clement and Irenaeus' accounts of the
      Carpocratians, and how much the disagree... perhaps you could start
      that one, Rodney.

      PMCV

      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Rodney Cecil" <wvdog61@7...>