Re: Gnosticism and Christianity??

    Message 1 of 42 , Aug 31, 2003
      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "simo2012" <s_cookerman@m...>
      wrote:

      > Since this forum has been called 'gnosticism2', I thought it
      > might be of benefit if we had a reminder of the fundamentals of
      > Gnosticism:

      Normally I'm not too keen on fundamentalism, but in this case, you're
      right, Simo. LOL An occasional review of the basics is often a good
      idea, especially to avoid generalizations about and interpretations
      of Gnosticism that would stray beyond the intended scope of this
      group.

      The criteria you listed have often been mentioned here (particularly
      those by Prof. Clark Emery). For future reference, though, it would
      be beneficial to other members here if such material included in
      one's posts was accompanied with a citation of the original source.

      Gerry
    • rjpep@usfamily.net
      Message 42 of 42 , Sep 18, 2003
        Thanks for the comeback, Cari. For myself, of the 3 quotes you sent, this
        one I think speaks best.
        "Let each of us, too, burrow for the root of evil that is within, and root
        it up from his or her heart. It will be rooted up when it is recognized."

        Once we have looked inside and recognized it we are equipped to recognize it
        in others, and perhaps confront it. Whether or not that requires an
        acquaintance w/ Godde, I remain unsure. It was for me but I can't speak for
        all or in shoulds. roberta