Gnosticism and Christianity??

  • M G
    Message 1 of 42 , Aug 28, 2003
      Hello everyone, I am new to this group and I'm seeking to learn more
      about Gnosticism and it's relationship to Christianity. I have a few
      questions and appreciate any help. First off, does Gnosticism predate
      Christianity? How is Gnosticism related to Christianity? Does
      Gnosticism address ideas regarding Jesus Christ and the trinity
      (Father, Son, Holy Ghost)? Thanks.
    • rjpep@usfamily.net
      Message 42 of 42 , Sep 18, 2003
        Thanks for the comeback, Cari. For myself, of the 3 quotes you sent, this
        one I think speaks best.
        "Let each of us, too, burrow for the root of evil that is within, and root
        it up from his or her heart. It will be rooted up when it is recognized."

        Once we have looked inside and recognized it we are equipped to recognize it
        in others, and perhaps confront it. Whether or not that requires an
        acquaintance w/ Godde, I remain unsure. It was for me but I can't speak for
        all or in shoulds. roberta