Re: Mary Magdalene

    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 15, 2003
      Hello pessolo@...

      On 15-Aug-03, you wrote:

      > walkinginclogs@... writes:
      >> anything about his life from age 12 to 32?
      >
      > there's no such thing as a Jesus of less than 30 years.
      > Thus Marcion correctly wrote that Jesus descended at the
      > symbolic pseudo-age of 30 from heavens to Capharnaum,
      > which is hell, and not, like the churchmongers want to fool you
      > to believe, a certain city in Galilee.
      >
      > Klaus Schilling

      That is the extreme Docetic position, but I suspect there may be
      something to it. It certainly would explain a few things. It is of
      note that John omits the birth narrative, BTW.

      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 15, 2003
        Hello walkinginclogs@...

        On 15-Aug-03, you wrote:

        > In a message dated 8/15/2003 7:03:31 AM Central Daylight Time,
        > georgeatnsn@... writes:
        >

        >> Hi,
        >> Doesn't it say that his father was a carpenter?
        >>
        >> George
        >
        > It does, and the right-wing evangelists assume that since Joseph
        > was, he had to have taken his father's trade also, since he had
        > nothing better to do up until age 32.
        >
        > _The following attachments have been removed manually:_
        > (1828 bytes, text/html)

        Maybe he was a fisherman, many of his disciples were, or a money
        changer like Matthew? :-)

      • John Presco
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 23, 2003
          Poor Joseph, the greatest under-achiever, or failure, of all time.
          Can you see him at the family gathering of those who had genealogies
          that survived the captivity showing they are kin to the royal house
          of Judah.

          "And, what do you do for a living, Joseph?"

          Joseph Flavius tells of those who had Davidic blood being examined by
          Titus, their hands very soft because they did no work, he assigning
          them to hard labour.

          "And, what does your son do?"

          "I'm not sure. Some say he is the king of the Jews, and others, God.
          I can make one heck of a dove joint. Stop by the shop and I'll knock
          a chair together for ya."

          Jon