Re: [Gnosticism2] Re: WOW!

  • walkinginclogs@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 16, 2003
      I always wondered where those Baptist preachers got idea that the Bible is
      God inspired, when it is full of mistakes. I wonder how many of them read the
      thing from cover to cover as I have. I think that is an insult to God. Either
      that or maybe the Gnostics are right and God isn't perfect. Man was made in
      God's image, and man certainly isn't perfect. I was always told that we're
      imperfect to punish us for Adam's sinning. But then why do animals get cancer,
      and are born with deformities? Why do planets collide with one and another?

      I'm not trying to degrade God or anything. It's just that I don't think
      there's anything perfect in the universe. Nothing is perfectly round, or
      functions perfectly all the time. I always like to ask those fundamentalist
      preachers, "If God oversaw the writing of the bible, why did he allow man to say that
      the Earth is flat and has four corners?"