Re: Gnostic references in pop culture

  • incognito_lightbringer
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9, 2003
      > Since lots of neognostics aren't typically vociferous activists or
      > evangelists, elimination of misinformation in mainstream society
      > about historical Gnostics is not an easy road to hoe.

      It's unfortunate that this is so. This has been #1, now #2, on the
      bestseller list for a while. It's a poorly written book so the only
      explanation, other than mass stupidity or bad taste, is a need in
      society that isn't being fulfilled. What disturbed me is that while
      there was some interesting and legitimate information to lure the
      reader in; it was then linked to a lot of hogwash. The worst
      misinformation is the kind that's linked to a bunch of truths.