Re: dogma and gnostic are antagonistic

    Message 1 of 30 , Jul 6, 2003
      Well, Martin, the reason for the term "Neognostic" is multifold. For
      one, no one alive today is techinically practicing "Gnosticism"
      because the word "Gnosticism" was invented by scholors to refer to a
      number of specific sects which are now dead. These sects were
      initiatory, which means that no one alive today can fully reinvent
      them. Your connection with "Gnosticism" then is a modern
      reinvention... as it is with any of us here who call
      ourselves "Gnostics". Granted, some of us have an affinity that more
      closey represents what these genuine historical Gnostics practiced
      than other, and some of us here who call ourselves "Gnostics" have
      almost nothing in common with anything that is
      technically "Gnosticism". At any rate, this is why you are
      a "Neognostic".

      PMCV

      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, Martin Khoury <martin12617@y...>

      Service.