Re: false accusations

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 5, 2003

      > Well it is said, "give the devil his due." ;-)
      >
      > Regards
      > --
      > Mike Leavitt ac998@l...

      Mike, your comment here, along with recent threads about sex and
      spirituality reminds me of a joke:

      A golfer is in a competitive match with a friend, who is ahead by a
      couple of strokes.
      "Boy, I'd give anything to sink this putt," the golfer mumbles to
      himself.
      Just then, a stranger walks up beside him and whispers, "Would you be
      willing to give up one-fourth of your sex life?"
      Thinking that the man is crazy and his answer will be meaningless,
      the golfer also feels that maybe this is a good omen so he
      says, "Sure," and sinks the putt.
      Two holes later, he mumbles to himself again, "Gee, I sure would like
      to get an eagle on this one."
      The same stranger is at his side and whispers, "Would it be worth
      giving up another fourth of your sex life?"
      Shrugging, the golfer replies, "Okay," and makes an eagle.
      On the final hole, the golfer needs another eagle to win. Without
      waiting for him to say anything, the stranger quickly moves to his
      side and says, "Would winning this match be worth giving up the rest
      of your sex life?"
      "Definitely," the golfer replies, and he makes the eagle.
      As the golfer is walking to the club house, the stranger walks
      alongside of him and says, "I haven't really been fair with you
      because you don't know who I am. I'm the devil, and from this day
      forward you will have no sex life."
      "Nice to meet you," the golfer replies, "I'm Father O'Malley."