Re: Human God!

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2003
      Once again, it is tempting to compare the two systems. Unlike the
      term "karma" though, there may be a more direct connection between
      Kabbalah and Gnosticism (though this is highly spculative).

      I would point out though that the Bythos, or true god of Gnosticism
      would equate more closely with the En Soph, not the Adam Kadmon.

      I am also confused as to what you mean by "human". Since the Prime
      Source is not good or evil, and does not act, or have compassion, or
      even have what we would call "concious thought", it seems a rather
      difficult streach to call it "human" since by definition the
      word "human" is dependant on actions within the field of time that
      this "God" is not a part of (the word "human" literally
      means "compassionate", and that is something dependant on cause and
      effect).

      Remember, the spark of devinity in a person was not seen as something
      that retains aspects of it's living vessel once that vessel dies. It
      rejoines the Bythos which has no sense of "self". It was not said
      that man was not material, but that there was an aspect connected
      (trapped) to man which was not material. That difference may seem
      subtle, but it is important. Also remember that many Gnostics did not
      believe that all mankind contained that spark.... let alone the
      animals.

      PMCV

      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "martin12617" <martin12617@y...>