Re: [Gnosticism2] Is it a sin to have a nocturnal emission?

  • walkinginclogs@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 16, 2003
      You're telling people untruths. You are the whore of Babylon, not the
      Catholic church. You're telling him something that was pre-Martin Luther. The
      Catholic Church does not say that it can forgive sin. We do that by praying to
      God just like any other church. I know, I am a devout Catholic. Also that guy
      hasn't sinned in the first place.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 16, 2003
        cwbyspike (and other members),

        I have deleted the inflammatory spamming post to which you replied.
        It is not a requirement that members be Gnostic, but we also will not
        tolerate proselytizing of this nature.

        Cari

        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, walkinginclogs@a... wrote:
        > You're telling people untruths. You are the whore of Babylon, not
        the
        > Catholic church. You're telling him something that was pre-Martin
        Luther. The
        > Catholic Church does not say that it can forgive sin. We do that
        by praying to
        > God just like any other church. I know, I am a devout Catholic.
        Also that guy
        > hasn't sinned in the first place.
      • ellwood_christopher
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 16, 2003
          But I am Gnostic. The article was a parable about the hylic reading
          of scripture.

          Christopher Ellwood

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 16, 2003
            Thank you, Christopher. But surely you can understand why some
            members reacted to what they considered an offensive post that
            originally had no accompanying clarification?

            If your message was provided as an example or even a parody, we would
            have appreciated an explanation to that effect and how it related to
            Gnosticism. Please consider that we members can't always read
            minds. :-)

            Thanks.

            Cari

            --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, ellwood_christopher
            <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > But I am Gnostic. The article was a parable about the hylic
            reading
            > of scripture.
            >
            > Christopher Ellwood
            >

            > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, lady_caritas <no_reply@y...>
            > wrote:
            > > cwbyspike (and other members),
            > >
            > > I have deleted the inflammatory spamming post to which you
            > replied.
            > > It is not a requirement that members be Gnostic, but we also will
            > not
            > > tolerate proselytizing of this nature.
            > >

            > > Cari
            > >

            > > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, walkinginclogs@a... wrote:
            > > > You're telling people untruths. You are the whore of Babylon,
            > not
            > > the
            > > > Catholic church. You're telling him something that was pre-
            > Martin
            > > Luther. The
            > > > Catholic Church does not say that it can forgive sin. We do
            that
            > > by praying to
            > > > God just like any other church. I know, I am a devout
            Catholic.
            > > Also that guy
            > > > hasn't sinned in the first place.
          • martin12617
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 1, 2003
              To all authors who defend their denominations: You are of the evil,
              and have not yet been offered the gift of knowledge. This is all I
              can say. I would never argue about church principles and doctrines.
              Who are you? Are you an authority of the Catholic Church? There are
              psychological reasons for this behaviour, when people vehemently
              defend their positions, religious beliefs and ridicule, and offend
              others. To all such individuals can be said that they have not known
              yet a world beyond this. Because then there would be no need to
              discuss worldy matters and beliefs. They have not been through the
              sufficient amount of suffering and inner turmoil, which gives rise to
              a higher consciousness.
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 1, 2003
                --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "martin12617" <martin12617@y...>
                wrote:
                > To all authors who defend their denominations: You are of the evil,
                > and have not yet been offered the gift of knowledge. This is all I
                > can say. I would never argue about church principles and doctrines.
                > Who are you? Are you an authority of the Catholic Church? There are
                > psychological reasons for this behaviour, when people vehemently
                > defend their positions, religious beliefs and ridicule, and offend
                > others. To all such individuals can be said that they have not
                known
                > yet a world beyond this. Because then there would be no need to
                > discuss worldy matters and beliefs. They have not been through the
                > sufficient amount of suffering and inner turmoil, which gives rise
                > a higher consciousness.

                Hello, Martin. Please review messages #7908 and #7909 for discussion
                explaining this original post. I would also suggest that you refrain
                from inflammatory words, calling people "evil" in regards to your
                idea of their spiritual maturity.

                Thank you.