[Gnosticism2] To Klaus

  • pessy@chez.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2003
      fred60471 writes:
      > There is an essay on the web that compares Freud's theory of the
      > Unconscious to Schopenhauer's conception of the Will. I would be
      > curious as to what you think about it.
      >
      > http://www.carleton.ca/~abrook/SCHOPENY.htm

      Freud wrote explicitely that he used Schopenhauer for confirmation.

      Freud only concentrated on a few aspects of the nonconscious, though,
      and had to be supplemented later by Adler, Reich, Jung, and Rank.

      Of courtse already before Freud there were Mesmer and Janet who
      used a model of nonconscious mind, explaining techniques like
      hypnosis for exploration.

      Klaus Schilling