Rastafarians

  • Unknown
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 25 10:32 AM

      Rastafarians just want to smoke pot and have it protecetd under religious freedom.

      I'm not dissing them, they have lots of good ideas and music, and who wouldn't love to go to church and pass a fattie instead of a donation plate, but every single one I have met has been an old burned out stoner. Just my observations. Who knows, maybe I'm really a Rastafarian at heart, except for the dreads.

      Peace,

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • jenifa0jenny

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 25 12:41 PM
          --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, jenifa0jenny <fairemaiden73@n...>
          wrote:
          > Thats what I mean by they worship nature like pagans. Yea, they
          may be
          > burnt out stoners, but they are not crackheads, heroin junkies,
          speed
          > freaks or any other man-made drug addicts. Rastas cherise the herb
          and
          > use it to communicate with the Jah within.

          Yeah, those man-made drug addicts are like...the worst!

          Even with people who like...abuse natural drugs, I'd rather hang out
          with those who only get burned out on the organically grown stuff.
          Yeah, those are some smooooooth stoners. Makes all the
          difference, 'cause those pesticides will like...make you crazy!

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 25 1:28 PM
            Actually, I have spent a lot of time with Rastifarians. Out here on
            the Hopi Rez they had Sunsplash every year, and I was often recruited
            to help musicwise. I have met a number pretty famouse people in the
            movement, including Winston Rodney, Judy Mowat, Marcia Griffiths,
            Well, the list is long. What I have found is that there is a big
            difference between the real thing, and the Dead Head wannabes. I
            frankly could care less about the pot either way, but I did find that
            the actual "old school" members pretty well limited themselves, and
            worked hard, while the others wandered around stoned and annoyed the
            hell out of me.

            PMCV

            --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, Unknown <themysteriousmrx@y...>

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 25 2:32 PM
              LOL Gerry, can't even count how many times I have heard that one from
              people who were serious.

              PMCV

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 25 3:03 PM
                > LOL Gerry, can't even count how many times I have heard that one
                from
                > people who were serious.
                >
                > PMCV

                Whaaaa...you thought I was joking? (j/k) ;-)

                Actually, the one the really got to me was listening to a couple
                smokers (of a hardcore brand of cigarettes) tell another lady that
                HER menthol brand was bad for her.

                As for the first two ladies, you couldn't hold a conversation with
                either of them without fearing that they might cough up a lung at any
                moment.

                Amazing how people delude themselves.