Re: Faith/Gnosis

    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 8, 2003
      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, pessy@c... wrote:
      > lady_caritas writes:
      > > What is prophecy? Paul speaks
      >
      > The falsely so-called letters of Paul are all multiforged
      pseudoepigraphs,
      > as already shown by Bruno Bauer, Loman, Edwin Johnson in "Antiqua
      Mater",
      > W. van Manen, G.A. van den Bergh van Eysinga, Paul-Louis Couchoud
      > in "La premie`re e'dition de Saint Paul", and later by
      > H. Detering in "Der Gefaelschte Paulus".
      > Most of the Paulinics was written by marcionics, and later fakes are
      > essentially due to Tertullian.
      >
      > Klaus Schilling

      Apologies if this post should be repeated. I think Yahoo ate my
      first attempt.

      Klaus, thank you for the references; however, I've heard varying
      opinions as to the authorship of particular Pauline letters. And
      perhaps someone very conversant in this area can discuss this further
      with you.

      My question to you, regardless of the authorship, in relation to this
      particular query by Mike, do you find any relevance of this subject
      to your personal outlook? I would be very surprised if you did not
      see value in instruction, as it seems did also the author of the
      _Testimony of Truth_ you greatly admire.