Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2003

      > Reply to Cari's post #6866:
      >

      > >>Viewing the material world as the only reality is not a Gnostic
      > view. I am curious, Wayne, if you consider the world only good and
      > beautiful, what do you consider evil and ugly?<<
      >

      > Only 4½ months after asking that question, it appears you have your
      answer, Cari:

      > >>As a Beast with the Head of a God the Supernatural Man that is
      not a skilled worker, that falls short of the Glory of God, that does
      not subordinate, that does not Submit to Reality of Supreme BE-ing,
      the
      > Man that Rejects Righteousness, that become self-righteous, become
      > Demiurge, a Whore of Babel, the Adulterator, the Perverter of, the
      > Distorter of Reality, becomes duplicitous, Speaks with a Forked
      > Tongue, is Two Faced, a Double Dealer, talks out of both sides of
      the Mouth, deals from the bottom of the deck, is Blasphemous.

      > The, Deception, the distorted, perverted, Reality, the Lies, the
      > half-truths, the Knowledge of Reality that Demiurge, the Whore of
      > Babel, that Duplicitous Man, Humanity-Male and Female, speaks of is
      a confused mixture of sounds or voices, a scene of noise and
      confusion, tumult, turmoil, uproar, bedlam, clamor.<< [Wayne's post
      #7380]

      > Evidently, even with such a worldview, things characterized as
      evil, sinister, of the dark side, wicked, peccant, malevolent, bereft
      of light, execrable, damnable, unrighteous, rotten to the core,
      infernal, corrupt, degenerate, pneumatically challenged, iniquitous,
      nefarious, flagitious, abominable, whose home is the Pit, profligate,
      ignominious, aberrant, and to whom wailing & gnashing of teeth are
      melodiously resonant, can be found, if one looks there.

      > The, Ugliness, also can be witnessed, in the unpleasant,
      disagreeable, unsavory, profoundly offensive, objectionable, odiously
      repulsive delusions of Man which are hard on the eyes, ugly as sin,
      homely as a mud fence, whose looks would sour milk, are not fit to be
      seen, and could be deemed repugnant, loathsome, vile, foul,
      abhorrent, beastly, unaesthetic, that which might be known as a two-
      bagger, fallen from the ugly tree, makeover-worthy, and sadly seen as
      beautiless, spoiled, unpalatable.

      > Cari, it looks like you might have been on to something about
      creation not being all good if such flaws are readily apparent. ;-)

      > Gerry

      Uh, uh, well, hmmm,... just could be, Gerry. And, BTW, your
      vocabulary proficiency never ceases to astound this awkward,
      inarticulate, sometimes incoherent, tongue-tied neophyte. I am
      rendered speechless,... well, almost.