Re: Sethian Gnostic Baptism

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 13, 2003
      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, ernststrohregenmantelrad
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > IMHO, I don't think Mandeanas are Gnostics in the present guise.

      Ernst, would you care to expand on this statement?

      Cari
    • incognito_lightbringer
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 21, 2003
        Hi Gerry, I've been busy.
        Did you manage to rent The Saragossa Manuscript?
        And try to find "No Such Thing" out on video/DVD late last year.
        Also, can't remember if I mentioned Hedwig and the Angry Inch.
        We've to do a gnostic music post sometime. We can start with David
        Bowie and Ziggy Stardust.
        One of these days I've got to compose my own Gnostic composition and
        put it out there without attribution, just to see if it rocks any
        boats ;)

        > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, incognito_lightbringer
        > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > > Can you give a source for this? I enjoyed reading it and wondered
        > > where you got it from. You titled it "Sethian Gnostic Baptism"
        but
        > it
        > > seemed like a composite of several gnostic texts. It paraphrases
        > > parts of several Nag Hammadi codices such as Origin of the World
        > and
        > > The Second Apocalypse of James and the Sophia of Jesus Christ and
        > so
        > > on (I included these below). It was also similar to parts of
        Pistis