Re: Gnostic creation.

    Message 1 of 39 , Feb 7, 2003
      Hello pmcvflag

      On 06-Feb-03, you wrote:

      >> What do you expect from someone with a name like that. Proclus
      > was a
      >> neoplatonic philosopher, and his article is more neoplatonic than
      >> gnostic, if not downright orthodox.
      >>
      >> Regards
      >> --
      >> Mike Leavitt ac998@l...
      >
      > But Mike, the original "Proclus" was against Christianity. And,
      > "Gnosticism" itself is simply a form of "Neoplatonism" (remember the
      > attacks of Celsus?), which it does not seem that our club's
      > "Proclus" is. I'm not actually sure what about him you see as
      > "Neoplatonic" since he seems to have no notion of the Demiurge, nor
      > the emenations, nor the tripartite human, etc.. Perhaps you could
      > clarifiy what you mean?

      Technical, technical. OK then, he is Neoplatonic only in not seeing
      any evil in creation, other perhaps, than the absence of good. Like
      I said, more orthodox than anything else. I was making a play on his
      name, and obviously you didn't get it.

    • Gerry <gerryhsp@yahoo.com>
      Message 39 of 39 , Feb 19, 2003
        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, ernststrohregenmantelrad
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > A book to read is
        >
        > "The Reform of the Roman Liturgy: Its problems and
        > Background"
        >
        > by Monsignor Klaus Gamber
        >
        > 1993 Una Voce Press.

        Thanks for the timely suggestion; I was making a list last night of
        books I wanted to look into.