Re: Welcome new members

  • Gerry <gerryhsp@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 5, 2003
      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, ernststrohregenmantelrad
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Gerry" <gerryhsp@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > [...]

      > > "Relax...," huh-I know from experience that it can be difficult,
      but
      > certainly something to shoot for. ;-)
      > >
      > > Gerry
      >

      > Mir gefällt "Galaxy Song" in _Sinn des Leben.

      I hate that I still haven't seen that one---can you believe it?!!
      LOL I just looked at the lyrics, though, and venture to guess that
      even Klaus would approve of the last line.

      Gerry
    • blackfire_al <blackfire_al@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 5, 2003
        For the edification of the entire group, here are the lyrics
        to "Galaxy Song" from the Monty Python movie, "The Meaning of Life".

        Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
        and revolving at 900 miles an hour,
        It's orbiting at 19 miles a second, so it's reckoned,
        the sun that is the source of all our power.
        The Sun and you and me, and all the stars that we can see,
        are moving at a million miles a day,
        In the outer spiral arm, at 40,000 miles an hour,
        of the Galaxy we call the Milky Way.

        Our Galaxy itself contains 100 billion stars,
        it's 100,000 light-years side-to-side,
        It bulges in the middle, 16 000 light-years thick,
        but out by us it's just 3 000 light-years wide.
        We're 30,000 light-years from galactic central point,
        we go round every 200 million years,
        And our galaxy is only one of millions of billions
        in this amazing and expanding universe.

        The universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding,
        in all of the directions it can whizz,
        As fast as it can go, at the speed of light you know,
        twelve million miles a minute, and that's the fastest speed there is.
        So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
        how amazingly unlikely is your birth,
        Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
        because there's bugger all down here on Earth.

        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 6, 2003
          --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "blackfire_al <
          blackfire_al@y...>" <blackfire_al@y...> wrote:
          > For the edification of the entire group, here are the lyrics
          > to "Galaxy Song" from the Monty Python movie, "The Meaning
          of Life".

          You must have the "Python Song Book" but do you have the script
          book of the film? Anyway, my favorate is "The Life of Brian"

          Life's a piece of shit
          When you look at it
          Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true,
          You'll see it's all a show,
          Keep 'em laughing as you go
          Just remember that the last laugh is on you
          And always look on the bright side of life...

          > > > Mir gefällt "Galaxy Song" in _Sinn des Leben.
          > >

          > > I hate that I still haven't seen that one---can you believe it?!!
          > > LOL I just looked at the lyrics, though, and venture to guess
          that
          > > even Klaus would approve of the last line.
          > >
          > > Gerry

          Off the topic from this group but since we are talking about the
          Pythons I saw the other day "Lost in La Mancha" a documentary
          film about Terry Gilliam's attempt to make a film about Don
          Quixote. the film is the case of art imitating life and life imitating
          art . Gillium's attempt to make the film mirrored Quixote....
          impossible dream... dare to say quixotic?.