Re: [Gnosticism2] Re: Hello

  • Unknown
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 2 10:51 AM

      Hi Tracy,

      All people from Pensacola, Fl are intelligent, talented and good looking! :)

      Peace,

       lady_caritas <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Tracey" <truthbringer@b...>
      wrote:

      > Hello,
      > I'm new here as well...my name is Tracey from Pensacola, Florida
      > I am into theology, metaphysics, paranormal, esoterics, just about
      anything
      > to help me on my spiritual enlightenment and evolvement path...I
      look forward to exchanging threads with everyone.

      > L*L,
      > Tracey

      discussions.

      Welcome, Tracey and gogo132707.  As you're checking the archives,
      feel free to add comments or questions to any existing threads or
      begin a new one.  We look forward to your contributions to our
      Gnostic discussions.

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • naturesgipsy
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 28, 2004
        Hi I'm a new member. Over the last few years I have become
        interested in what Constatine decided to leave out of the 'roman'
        church, having spent along time on studying what he left in. Since
        being in New Zealand I was told I was a Cathar in a past life and
        burnt for my beliefs. Having then set out to find out what exactly a
        Cathar is, I have realized that my current beliefs are still strongly
        Cathar & Gnostic in nature. I'm currently working on the gnostic
        gospels and the templar revelations as they are called. Your current
        thread concerning the psychic Christ is of special interest to me as
        I work as a healer and psychic, and have many friends who walk the
        path of light, love and truth. It is possible for all of us to live a
        spritual life and develope psychic skills as part of that path, and I
        find a great deal of validation in many of the gospels and
        other 'biblical' writings. It's going to take me a while to catch up
        on the current threads, but I'm looking forward to joining in.
        Regards
        Caz
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 29, 2004
          --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "naturesgipsy" <camarwick@x>
          wrote:
          > Hi I'm a new member. Over the last few years I have become
          > interested in what Constatine decided to leave out of the 'roman'
          > church, having spent along time on studying what he left in. Since
          > being in New Zealand I was told I was a Cathar in a past life and
          > burnt for my beliefs. Having then set out to find out what exactly
          > Cathar is, I have realized that my current beliefs are still
          strongly
          > Cathar & Gnostic in nature. I'm currently working on the gnostic
          > gospels and the templar revelations as they are called. Your
          current
          > thread concerning the psychic Christ is of special interest to me
          as
          > I work as a healer and psychic, and have many friends who walk the
          > path of light, love and truth. It is possible for all of us to live
          > spritual life and develope psychic skills as part of that path, and
          > find a great deal of validation in many of the gospels and
          > other 'biblical' writings. It's going to take me a while to catch
          up
          > on the current threads, but I'm looking forward to joining in.
          > Regards
          > Caz

          Welcome, Caz, and thank you for your introduction. Please feel free
          to add any suggestions from our links section to your reading.

          Regarding your mention of the psychic Christ specifically, ... the
          term psychic when used in a Gnostic sense relates to a type of human
          nature rather than development of skills. The psychic Christ would
          refer to a particular understanding of Christ by someone with this
          psychic type of nature. For more information, this introductory
          article might be useful for you ~

          http://www.gnosis.org/gnintro.htm

          Feel free to join in existing threads or begin a new subject that
          interests you.

          Cari
        • so4097
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 20, 2005
            I just joined and figured I'd say hello.I figure I will just read for a
            while before I decide to post anything.
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 20, 2005
              --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "so4097" <so4097@y...> wrote:
              > I just joined and figured I'd say hello.I figure I will just read
              for a
              > while before I decide to post anything.

              Welcome, so4097. Feel free to jump in any time.

              Cari
            • arlene anjum
              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 20, 2005
                Hi:

                So so4097 tell us about yourself when you feel comfortable, and tell us what topics you would be interesting in founding more about/discussing. I'm new too and there is a lot I don't know much about also.

                Regards,

                AA

                so4097 <so4097@...> wrote:
                I just joined and figured I'd say hello.I figure I will just read for a
                while before I decide to post anything.

                Arlene Anjum
                Silly is you in a natural state, and serious is something you have to do until you can get silly again. - Mike Myers on Inside the Actors Studio
                Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents which in prosperous
                circumstances would have lain dormant. – Horace, 65-8 B.C., Italian
                Poet
                When you transform your whole dream,
                magic just happens in your life.
                What you need comes to you easily
                because spirit moves freely through you.
                This is the Mastery of intent
                The Mastery of the spirit, the Mastery of love.
                The Mastery of gratitude, and the Mastery of life.

                don Miguel Ruiz

                Yahoo! for Good

              • Shawn Oliver
                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 23, 2005
                  Well hell, I may as well start now.My name is Shawn, I'm 21, and I got into Gnosticism after
                  realizing god was real, but knowing that things in the bible didn't quite add up.Asking for the truth, reading, meditation/prayer, and some experiences that I've had have changed me quite
                  a lot.I'm interested in finding out anything I can, and I'm comfortable discussing
                  pretty much anything, although I'm generally more of an observer.

                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 23, 2005
                    Hello, thanks for the welcome.

                    - Shawn

                    lady_caritas <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                    --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "so4097" <so4097@y...> wrote:
                    > I just joined and figured I'd say hello.I figure I will just read
                    for a
                    > while before I decide to post anything.

                    Welcome, so4097.  Feel free to jump in any time.

                    Cari

                    Yahoo! for Good

                  • josiellvx
                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 23, 2005
                      Just want to say I recently discovered this group and I joined. I
                      look forward to the discussions and hopefully people here can
                      illuminate further about the subject. For the record my favorite book
                      is Sophia of JC, and the Gospel of Bartholomew. Although for
                      entertainment purposes nothing beats the infancy gospels. I am
                      interested in cathar studies, and also had studied extensively (and
                      performed) troubadour music.

                      in gnosis,

                      Josi.
                      Message 10 of 16 , Nov 28, 2005
                        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "josiellvx" <sosol@c...> wrote:

                        > Just want to say I recently discovered this group and I joined. I
                        > look forward to the discussions and hopefully people here can
                        > illuminate further about the subject. For the record my favorite
                        book
                        > is Sophia of JC, and the Gospel of Bartholomew. Although for
                        > entertainment purposes nothing beats the infancy gospels. I am
                        > interested in cathar studies, and also had studied extensively (and
                        > performed) troubadour music.
                        >
                        > in gnosis,
                        >
                        > Josi.

                        Hello, Josi. Thank you for the intro. Our group owner, PMCV, is
                        also an aficionado of troubadour music.

                        Do you have any familiarity with other texts in the Nag Hammadi
                        Library in addition to The Sophia of Jesus Christ? And perhaps you'd
                        like to share what you especially like about The Sophia of Jesus
                        Christ?

                        Josi, feel free to browse through our "links" section for suggested
                        articles, etc. and bring any questions and comments to the forum.

                        Message 11 of 16 , Nov 30, 2005
                          Hey Josi, welcome to the group. We tend to get a bit slow during the
                          two months around the holidays here, but don't worry, it will pick up
                          again after New Year.

                          While the Cathars are not technically Gnostics they are of interest
                          here (as Lady Cari recently mentioned also). And you mention that you
                          are interested in the troubadours... while that doesn't much fit the
                          focus here you may be interested in another group I run that deals
                          very much with the troubadours and esoteric studies that in some ways
                          relate to Gnosticism (and the conversation is a bit more relaxed there
                          as well) http://groups.yahoo.com/group/esotericromance/

                          PMCV

                          --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "josiellvx" <sosol@c...> wrote:

                          > Just want to say I recently discovered this group and I joined. I
                          > look forward to the discussions and hopefully people here can
                          > illuminate further about the subject. For the record my favorite
                          book
                          > is Sophia of JC, and the Gospel of Bartholomew. Although for
                          > entertainment purposes nothing beats the infancy gospels. I am
                          > interested in cathar studies, and also had studied extensively (and
                          > performed) troubadour music.
                          >
                          > in gnosis,
                          >
                          > Josi.

                        • msnyder65
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jan 24, 2006
                            I heard about this group from Homer and thought I'd join and test the
                            water. I'm also a member of Gnostic Thought. Great bunch of people over
                            there. I don't have a lot of spare time for writing and researching but
                            I'll be posting when I can.

                            Mike
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jan 24, 2006
                              --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "msnyder65" <msnyder13@s...> wrote:

                              > I heard about this group from Homer and thought I'd join and test
                              the
                              > water. I'm also a member of Gnostic Thought. Great bunch of people
                              over
                              > there. I don't have a lot of spare time for writing and researching
                              but
                              > I'll be posting when I can.
                              >
                              > Mike

                              Welcome, Mike! We generally have a fairly easy pace around here with
                              occasional bursts of activity when people are feeling particularly
                              prolific or passionate about something.

                              So, post whenever you'd like.