Hello

  • gogo132707
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 31, 2003
      New here. I'll be checking the archives so I'm up on the discussions.
      Join Spiritual Wisdom!
    • Tracey
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 31, 2003

        Hello,
        I'm new here as well...my name is Tracey from Pensacola, Florida
        I am into theology, metaphysics, paranormal, esoterics, just about anything
        to help me on my spiritual enlightenment and evolvement path...I look forward to exchanging threads with everyone.

        L*L,
        Tracey
        New here. I'll be checking the archives so I'm up on the discussions.
        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 31, 2003
          --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Tracey" <truthbringer@b...>
          wrote:

          > Hello,
          > I'm new here as well...my name is Tracey from Pensacola, Florida
          > I am into theology, metaphysics, paranormal, esoterics, just about
          anything
          > to help me on my spiritual enlightenment and evolvement path...I
          look forward to exchanging threads with everyone.

          > L*L,
          > Tracey

          Welcome, Tracey and gogo132707. As you're checking the archives,
          feel free to add comments or questions to any existing threads or
          begin a new one. We look forward to your contributions to our
          Gnostic discussions.

          Cari
        • Unknown
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 2, 2003

            Hi Tracy,

            All people from Pensacola, Fl are intelligent, talented and good looking! :)

            Peace,

            wrote:

            > Hello,
            > I'm new here as well...my name is Tracey from Pensacola, Florida
            > I am into theology, metaphysics, paranormal, esoterics, just about
            anything
            > to help me on my spiritual enlightenment and evolvement path...I
            look forward to exchanging threads with everyone.

            > L*L,
            > Tracey

            Do you Yahoo!?

          • naturesgipsy
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 28, 2004
              Hi I'm a new member. Over the last few years I have become
              interested in what Constatine decided to leave out of the 'roman'
              church, having spent along time on studying what he left in. Since
              being in New Zealand I was told I was a Cathar in a past life and
              burnt for my beliefs. Having then set out to find out what exactly a
              Cathar is, I have realized that my current beliefs are still strongly
              Cathar & Gnostic in nature. I'm currently working on the gnostic
              gospels and the templar revelations as they are called. Your current
              thread concerning the psychic Christ is of special interest to me as
              I work as a healer and psychic, and have many friends who walk the
              path of light, love and truth. It is possible for all of us to live a
              spritual life and develope psychic skills as part of that path, and I
              find a great deal of validation in many of the gospels and
              other 'biblical' writings. It's going to take me a while to catch up
              on the current threads, but I'm looking forward to joining in.
              Regards
              Caz
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 29, 2004
                --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "naturesgipsy" <camarwick@x>
                wrote:
                > Hi I'm a new member. Over the last few years I have become
                > interested in what Constatine decided to leave out of the 'roman'
                > church, having spent along time on studying what he left in. Since
                > being in New Zealand I was told I was a Cathar in a past life and
                > burnt for my beliefs. Having then set out to find out what exactly
                > Cathar is, I have realized that my current beliefs are still
                strongly
                > Cathar & Gnostic in nature. I'm currently working on the gnostic
                > gospels and the templar revelations as they are called. Your
                current
                > thread concerning the psychic Christ is of special interest to me
                as
                > I work as a healer and psychic, and have many friends who walk the
                > path of light, love and truth. It is possible for all of us to live
                > spritual life and develope psychic skills as part of that path, and
                > find a great deal of validation in many of the gospels and
                > other 'biblical' writings. It's going to take me a while to catch
                up
                > on the current threads, but I'm looking forward to joining in.
                > Regards
                > Caz

                Welcome, Caz, and thank you for your introduction. Please feel free
                to add any suggestions from our links section to your reading.

                Regarding your mention of the psychic Christ specifically, ... the
                term psychic when used in a Gnostic sense relates to a type of human
                nature rather than development of skills. The psychic Christ would
                refer to a particular understanding of Christ by someone with this
                psychic type of nature. For more information, this introductory
                article might be useful for you ~

                http://www.gnosis.org/gnintro.htm

                Feel free to join in existing threads or begin a new subject that
                interests you.

                Cari
              • so4097
                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 20, 2005
                  I just joined and figured I'd say hello.I figure I will just read for a
                  while before I decide to post anything.
                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 20, 2005
                    --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "so4097" <so4097@y...> wrote:
                    > I just joined and figured I'd say hello.I figure I will just read
                    for a
                    > while before I decide to post anything.

                    Welcome, so4097. Feel free to jump in any time.

                    Cari
                  • arlene anjum
                    Message 9 of 16 , Sep 20, 2005
                      Hi:

                      So so4097 tell us about yourself when you feel comfortable, and tell us what topics you would be interesting in founding more about/discussing. I'm new too and there is a lot I don't know much about also.

                      Regards,

                      AA

                      so4097 <so4097@...> wrote:
                      I just joined and figured I'd say hello.I figure I will just read for a
                      while before I decide to post anything.

                      Arlene Anjum
                      Silly is you in a natural state, and serious is something you have to do until you can get silly again. - Mike Myers on Inside the Actors Studio
                      Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents which in prosperous
                      circumstances would have lain dormant. – Horace, 65-8 B.C., Italian
                      Poet
                      When you transform your whole dream,
                      magic just happens in your life.
                      What you need comes to you easily
                      because spirit moves freely through you.
                      This is the Mastery of intent
                      The Mastery of the spirit, the Mastery of love.
                      The Mastery of gratitude, and the Mastery of life.

                      don Miguel Ruiz

                      Yahoo! for Good

                    • Shawn Oliver
                      Message 10 of 16 , Sep 23, 2005
                        Well hell, I may as well start now.My name is Shawn, I'm 21, and I got into Gnosticism after
                        realizing god was real, but knowing that things in the bible didn't quite add up.Asking for the truth, reading, meditation/prayer, and some experiences that I've had have changed me quite
                        a lot.I'm interested in finding out anything I can, and I'm comfortable discussing
                        pretty much anything, although I'm generally more of an observer.

                        Message 11 of 16 , Sep 23, 2005
                          Hello, thanks for the welcome.

                          - Shawn

                          lady_caritas <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                          --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "so4097" <so4097@y...> wrote:
                          > I just joined and figured I'd say hello.I figure I will just read
                          for a
                          > while before I decide to post anything.

                          Welcome, so4097.  Feel free to jump in any time.

                          Cari

                          Yahoo! for Good

                        • josiellvx
                          Message 12 of 16 , Nov 23, 2005
                            Just want to say I recently discovered this group and I joined. I
                            look forward to the discussions and hopefully people here can
                            illuminate further about the subject. For the record my favorite book
                            is Sophia of JC, and the Gospel of Bartholomew. Although for
                            entertainment purposes nothing beats the infancy gospels. I am
                            interested in cathar studies, and also had studied extensively (and
                            performed) troubadour music.

                            in gnosis,

                            Josi.
                            Message 13 of 16 , Nov 28, 2005
                              --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "josiellvx" <sosol@c...> wrote:

                              > Just want to say I recently discovered this group and I joined. I
                              > look forward to the discussions and hopefully people here can
                              > illuminate further about the subject. For the record my favorite
                              book
                              > is Sophia of JC, and the Gospel of Bartholomew. Although for
                              > entertainment purposes nothing beats the infancy gospels. I am
                              > interested in cathar studies, and also had studied extensively (and
                              > performed) troubadour music.
                              >
                              > in gnosis,
                              >
                              > Josi.

                              Hello, Josi. Thank you for the intro. Our group owner, PMCV, is
                              also an aficionado of troubadour music.

                              Do you have any familiarity with other texts in the Nag Hammadi
                              Library in addition to The Sophia of Jesus Christ? And perhaps you'd
                              like to share what you especially like about The Sophia of Jesus
                              Christ?

                              Josi, feel free to browse through our "links" section for suggested
                              articles, etc. and bring any questions and comments to the forum.

                              Message 14 of 16 , Nov 30, 2005
                                Hey Josi, welcome to the group. We tend to get a bit slow during the
                                two months around the holidays here, but don't worry, it will pick up
                                again after New Year.

                                While the Cathars are not technically Gnostics they are of interest
                                here (as Lady Cari recently mentioned also). And you mention that you
                                are interested in the troubadours... while that doesn't much fit the
                                focus here you may be interested in another group I run that deals
                                very much with the troubadours and esoteric studies that in some ways
                                relate to Gnosticism (and the conversation is a bit more relaxed there
                                as well) http://groups.yahoo.com/group/esotericromance/

                                PMCV

                                --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "josiellvx" <sosol@c...> wrote:

                                > Just want to say I recently discovered this group and I joined. I
                                > look forward to the discussions and hopefully people here can
                                > illuminate further about the subject. For the record my favorite
                                book
                                > is Sophia of JC, and the Gospel of Bartholomew. Although for
                                > entertainment purposes nothing beats the infancy gospels. I am
                                > interested in cathar studies, and also had studied extensively (and
                                > performed) troubadour music.
                                >
                                > in gnosis,
                                >
                                > Josi.

                              • msnyder65
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jan 24, 2006
                                  I heard about this group from Homer and thought I'd join and test the
                                  water. I'm also a member of Gnostic Thought. Great bunch of people over
                                  there. I don't have a lot of spare time for writing and researching but
                                  I'll be posting when I can.

                                  Mike
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jan 24, 2006
                                    --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "msnyder65" <msnyder13@s...> wrote:

                                    > I heard about this group from Homer and thought I'd join and test
                                    the
                                    > water. I'm also a member of Gnostic Thought. Great bunch of people
                                    over
                                    > there. I don't have a lot of spare time for writing and researching
                                    but
                                    > I'll be posting when I can.
                                    >
                                    > Mike

                                    Welcome, Mike! We generally have a fairly easy pace around here with
                                    occasional bursts of activity when people are feeling particularly
                                    prolific or passionate about something.

                                    So, post whenever you'd like.