What is life?

  • ssp07070 <ssp07070@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 34 , Jan 28, 2003
      What is life?

      Life is the most luminous, the most beautiful of the miracles of
      Dominical Power. It is the most powerful and most brilliant of the
      proofs of Divine Unity. It is the most comprehensive and most shining
      of the mirrors displaying the manifestations of the Eternally
      Besought One. Yes, on its own, life makes known a Living and Self-
      Subsistent One together with all his Names and acts. For life is a
      light, a medicine, like a potion blended from numerous attributes.
      Just as the seven colours are combined in light, and various drugs
      are blended together in a medicament, so also life is a reality made
      of numerous attributes. Some of the attributes in its reality expand
      by means of the senses; they unfold, and are differentiated. However
      the greater part make themselves perceived in the form of the
      emotions; they make themselves known by welling up out of life.

      It is as if life fastens them on behind it and draws them into the
      place it enters. For example, when life enters a body, the Name of
      All-Wise is also manifest; it makes its home well and orders it with
      wisdom. In the same way, the Name of All-Generous is manifest, and it
      organizes and decorates its dwelling according to its needs. At the
      same time, the manifestation of the Name of All-Compassionate is
      apparent; it bestows all sorts of bounties for the continuance and
      perfection of life. And again at the same time, the manifestation of
      the Name of Provider appears; it produces the sustenance, material
      and immaterial, necessary for the perpetuation and unfolding of the
      life, and in part stores them up within its body. That is to say,
      life is like a point of focus; various attributes enter one another,
      indeed, they become one and the same. It is as if in its entirety
      life is both knowledge, and at the same time power, and at the same
      time wisdom and mercy, and so on..

      Thus, with regard to this comprehensive essence, life is a mirror of
      the Eternally Besought One reflecting the essential Dominical
      attributes. It is due to this mystery that the Necessarily Existent
      One, Who is the Ever-Living and Self-Subsistent One, creates life in
      great abundance and plenitude, and scatters it far and wide and
      broadcasts it, and gathers everything around life and makes it serve
      it. For life's duty is great. Yes, it is not easy to be the mirror of
      the Eternally Besought One, it is not some petty duty.

      Thus, the sudden and continuous coming into existence from nothing of
      these countless, numberless lives which we all the time see before
      our eyes - and of spirits, which are the origins and essences of
      lives - their being sent, demonstrate the necessary existence, sacred
      attributes, and Most Beautiful Names of a Necessarily Existent and
      Ever-Living and Self-Subsistent One as clearly as rays show the
      existence of the sun. Just as someone who does not recognize and
      accept the existence of the sun is compelled to deny the light which
      fills the day, so also one who does not recognize the Sun of Divine
      Oneness, Who is Ever-Living and Self-Subsistent and the Giver of Life
      and Death, has to deny the existence of the living creatures which
      fill the earth and even the past and the future; he has to fall a
      hundred times lower than an animal, to fall from the level of life to
      become something utterly ignorant and lifeless.

      mlife-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Message 34 of 34 , Feb 7 7:22 AM
        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, ernststrohregenmantelrad
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > >--- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, klaus schilling <>
        > >pessy@c...> wrote:
        > > ernststrohregenmantelrad writes:
        > > >
        > > > I thought Sufi was a part of Islam or did I miss something?
        > >
        > > For Schopenhauer, Sufi is of vedantic origin,
        > > disguised as Islam.
        > >
        > > Klaus Schilling
        >
        > Mensch, es gibt zu viel DDHG* bei dir!
        >
        > Du hebst so oft AS in den Himmel!
        >
        > Du nimmst die Meinung Schopenhauer als die Tatsache.
        >
        > Die ist nur einer der Meinungen von der Ursprung.
        >
        > *Der Doktor hat gesagt- wird benutzt vom Anthroposoph, der
        > hebt Steiner in den Himmel. In diesen Fall machst du mit
        > Schopenhauer so wie so Anthroposoph mit Steiner.

        Say, Ernst, would you humor me and translate the gist of this post
        for the majority of members who don't speak German?

        Thanks much,