Re: Question

    Message 1 of 41 , Jan 9, 2003
      Say Anthony, welcome. I have a question for you; What do you think of
      Dr Pearson's outline of pre-Christian origins of Gnosticism? It could
      be very relevent to the question of the importance of Apostlic
      succession. What if some person claimed to be the direct line of
      command from Cerdo instead of say, Peter. With some exceptions (like
      Valintinus) it doesn't seem the subject came up much with the early
      Gnostics.

      As far as modern Gnostic "luminaries", or at least leaders of
      sorts... there are a number it seems who have come to the position in
      many people's eyes. They run the gambit from fairly respectable
      attempts at reconstruction, to just plain cultic. A short list would
      include; Hoeller (who has some genuine historical interest it seems
      to me), Aun Weor (who calls himself "Samael"? Odd), Sylvia Browne
      (the most popular, but I haven't actually figured out WHY she calls
      herself "Gnostic"), and for some, Crowley *snicker*.

      Interestic question, maybe we will get more input from other members
      here

      PMCV

      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "sophiathyone
      <sophiathyone@y...>" <sophiathyone@y...> wrote:

      > Our Lady Wisdom bless you all:
      >

      > I have a question for any and all who wish to answer:
      >
      > My congregation and I are wondering about the claim to "Apostolic"
      > status that many modern day Gnostic churches make. In our
      > estimation, "Holy Orders" are legitimate when the Spirit of
      Holiness

      Message 41 of 41 , Apr 27, 2006
        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "urosdanell" <urosdanell@...>
        wrote:

        > Is there any ancient Gnostic texts where Satan is mentioned?
        > Thanks.

        Hello, urosdanell. This topic came up a couple months ago. You can
        review this thread if you'd like: