Re: In Need New Close Friends, 19 Female Looking

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 22, 2002
      Hello hesperos19

      On 22-Dec-02, you wrote:

      > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, Mike Leavitt <ac998@l...>
      > wrote:
      >> Hello Jen
      >
      >>> Hoping to meet some nice open mined people
      >
      > Um - no comment.
      >

      >> Looks like Corax's filters are down. :-) Boy is she in the wrong
      > list
      >> (I think :-)).
      >>
      >> Regards
      >> --
      >> Mike Leavitt ac998@l...
      >
      > Hello Mike:
      >
      > I havent been reading this list in a while since it has been very
      > quiet - as most seem to be.
      >
      > I agree with Terje that attcks seem to be de rigeur on gnostic
      > groups, but I would not blame antimasonics right off the bat,
      > there are some thelemites who have done a fine job of infiltrating
      > and sabotauging gnostics lists as well over the past 2 years.
      >
      > Corax

      Quite openly, in some cases, but those aren't the dangerous ones.

    • hesperos19 <coraxo@elp.rr.com>
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 22, 2002
        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, Mike Leavitt <ac998@l...>

        > Quite openly, in some cases, but those aren't the dangerous
        ones.

        > Regards
        > --
        > Mike Leavitt ac998@l...

        Yes who is to know really who among whom are the dangerous
        ones.

        I really know very little of the antimasonics that Terje was
        referring to nor do I intend to omplicate "all" thelemites in such
        activity - I know that one account of mine was hacked by
        malaysian islamic fundamentalists which I am currently involved
        with Verisign to get taken down - with no small amount of
        difficulty.

        Verisign, just so you and others know, is pretty soft on such
        hacking and one has to go through a number of hoops to get
        such things resolved.

        I would not register a domain or use Verisgn for secure
        transactions precisely because they are not as secure as they
        purport to be.

        Off gnostic topic but just a word to the wise regarding such
        recent computer crimes.

        It also seems to me that what Terje was referring to about the
        number of topic posts being on increase on a list seems to have
        been the case around the time I stopped reading this list.

        While there may not be a concerted conspiracy, or maybe here
        is, it is clear that there are a number of occult and reactionary
        groups that have a vested interest in suppressing gnosticism
        through spam, porn, and disinformation campaigns.

        Nevetheless, I have turned my emails back on for this group in
        hopes that there may be some fruitful discussion after the last
        spate of non-gnostic stuff.
        Corax

        Corax
      • hesperos19 <coraxo@elp.rr.com>
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 22, 2002
          --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, Terje Dahl Bergersen
          <terje@b...> wrote:
          Like Ireneaus did not know that the
          Gospels describes Jesus as not having been crucified at the
          age of 50, Ireneaus does not honestly know how the earliest
          communities,
          even in his vicinity, the Gaul area, identified eachother towards
          eachother.

          ++++++++

          Salve Terje:

          Unlike many other modern gnostics I tend to have a bit of
          forgiveness towards Irenaeus, since of course much of what is
          to blame later results from later interpretations of Irenaeus.

          Like the 50 year old Jesus tradition he espouses, he also
          espouses doctrines which are contrary to Paul, so not only was
          he unfamiliar with the gospels - if any had trul been written at his
          time of what the Cgurch now holds as canonical - but he also
          demonstrates a lack of familiarity with Paul -

          Book V

          2. But vain in every respect are they who despise the entire
          dispensation of God, and disallow the salvation of the flesh, and
          treat with contempt its regeneration, maintaining that it is not
          capable of incorruption.

          contrast with Paul:

          1Co 15:50 -
          Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the
          kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the
          imperishable.

          But he is going by the traditions he was taught mouth to ear.

          the concept of sola scriptura however is a falsity since of course
          as gnostics we recognize a number of extracanonical writings as
          well as the power of apostoloc tradition - after all the canon was
          agreed upon by the ecumenical councils.

          Irenaeus, despite his railings against Valentinus does make
          other very beautiful points which i am not entirely willing to
          disregard - after all, other than the Gnostics a number of other
          positions were decided against; monarchism, modalism,
          donatism etc, etc, all of which have compelling arguments in
          their favor - the monophysite being one such.

          Unlike the impudently sarcastic and cynical tertullian, I think
          Irenaeus was sincere in his criticisms of Valentinus. Elsewhere
          Irenaeus called for tolerance of Montanists - so how closed and
          dogmatic was he really?

          At any rate, i do not think Irenaeus is as black as those would try
          to paint him and in many ways I find him less sinister than
          tertullian or Hippolyte.

          Corax
        • hesperos19 <coraxo@elp.rr.com>
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 22, 2002
            --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "hesperos19
            <coraxo@e...>" <coraxo@e...> wrote:

            > time of what the Cgurch now holds as canonical - but he also
            > demonstrates a lack of *familiarity* (read understanding) with
            Paul -

            > Book V
            >
            > 2. But vain in every respect are they who despise the entire
            > dispensation of God, and disallow the salvation of the flesh,
            and
            > treat with contempt its regeneration, maintaining that it is not
            > capable of incorruption.
            >
            > contrast with Paul:
            >
            > 1Co 15:50 -
            > Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the
            > kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the
            > imperishable.
            >
            > But he is going by the traditions he was taught mouth to ear.
            I really should have said - understanding rather than familiarity
            because poor Ireanaeus goes through all sorts of hoops in Book
            V to argue for the eternal physis of the Flesh using paul as
            source - my error.

            Corax, heretic