Re: In Need New Close Friends, 19 Female Looking

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 21, 2002
      Hello Terje

      On 21-Dec-02, you wrote:

> [...]
      > moreover, the important thing for those who enforce this policy is
      > that if it is discovered, the editors and the forum itself, not the
      > poster, is responsible. What am I trying to say - one thing is the
      > noise of offtopic postings growing in greater volume than actual
      > on-topic discussion posts, another thing is the violation of service
      > regulations done purposedly to make the providers close the service.
      > "Jen" does not exist, she is a commercial product, a pseudo-identity
      > which is used for the precise reason that our "true", or manifest
      > personalities are shrouded in mystery through our communication on
      > the internet. I suppose those who invented Jen and put her to work
      > on this forum wants everyone to go look at "her" homepage, and thus
      > solicit interest in their "product". There´s something marvelously
      > Archontic about these things. The peddling of dreams and desires
      > which is associated, not with self nor with soul, but with a
      > construct - is among the oldest tricks in the book. I´d like to
      > mention that I received the post, since I read the posts on this
      > forum by email.
      >
      > I remember being a bit paranoid about the site-takeover/hijack which
      > occured this summer of the Ecclesia Gnostica Norvegia website
      > bruchion.com - it turned out that suddenly the content of our
      > website were replaced by Brasilian pornography.. at that time I
      > thought mine about it, turned out the service provider were
      > neglectful and had sold the domain name twice.. however, who would
      > associate the Alexandrian Bruchion with wanton south-american
      > lesbians who just would love to show it all to you?
      >

      > I were reminded that some Anti-Masons with a certain intelligence
      > concerning how such things could be perceived, and some tech-savvy
      > accomplices - systematically hacked, removed and replaced Masonic
      > and masons websites, replacing them with commercial porn sites,
      > having done so, they reported the supposed owners of those sites to
      > the authorities and "leaked" the news that Masons made money on
      > pornography on the Internet... It had the effect they wanted, for
      > about two weeks when this was found out.
      >
      > A further note on license, I am not sure about laws, but I know
      > America has a sex industry which isn´t entirely satisfied by
      > operating in the shadows and in discreet facilities - in view of the
      > founding fathers and their puritan legacy, one might ask if the
      > license which is in fact in function, is the sacred symbol of the
      > Dollar. Intimacy turned into a product remains a product and not
      > true intimacy, today, relationships are grafted by way of a promise
      > of profit, which sinks ships along the way, because such profit is
      > never worth the sacrifice. Not only the fundamentalists are turning
      > both insensitive and hypocritical, all hues and variations of human
      > beings, in our mass-culture, has caught it as well.
      >
      > Just a little bit of a rant
      >
      > (Happy Saint Thomas the Apostle´s day, by the way)

      God bless you Terje, you are the only one who could turn a porno spam
      into a two screen rant, plus HTML, which you should have cut. Anyway
      I remember what happened to Bruncion, and it was not funny. I knew
      it was spam to the list, and almost deleted it from the server, but
      could not believe what it was. The thing on Carpocrates was worth
      the two screens though. HOLY BLOOD, HOLY GRAIL picked up on
      Ireneaus' thing about Jesus being 50 when he died, and it may have
      been an alternate early tradition, BTW. Like you, though, I think it
      was his spotty background in Christianity.

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 22, 2002
        Hello hesperos19

        On 22-Dec-02, you wrote:

        > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, Mike Leavitt <ac998@l...>
        > wrote:
        >> Hello Jen
        >
        >>> Hoping to meet some nice open mined people
        >
        > Um - no comment.
        >

        >> Looks like Corax's filters are down. :-) Boy is she in the wrong
        > list
        >> (I think :-)).
        >>
        >> Regards
        >> --
        >> Mike Leavitt ac998@l...
        >
        > Hello Mike:
        >
        > I havent been reading this list in a while since it has been very
        > quiet - as most seem to be.
        >
        > I agree with Terje that attcks seem to be de rigeur on gnostic
        > groups, but I would not blame antimasonics right off the bat,
        > there are some thelemites who have done a fine job of infiltrating
        > and sabotauging gnostics lists as well over the past 2 years.
        >
        > Corax

        Quite openly, in some cases, but those aren't the dangerous ones.

      • hesperos19 <coraxo@elp.rr.com>
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 22, 2002

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 22, 2002
            --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, Mike Leavitt <ac998@l...>

            > Quite openly, in some cases, but those aren't the dangerous
            ones.

            > Regards
            > --
            > Mike Leavitt ac998@l...

            Yes who is to know really who among whom are the dangerous
            ones.

            I really know very little of the antimasonics that Terje was
            referring to nor do I intend to omplicate "all" thelemites in such
            activity - I know that one account of mine was hacked by
            malaysian islamic fundamentalists which I am currently involved
            with Verisign to get taken down - with no small amount of
            difficulty.

            Verisign, just so you and others know, is pretty soft on such
            hacking and one has to go through a number of hoops to get
            such things resolved.

            I would not register a domain or use Verisgn for secure
            transactions precisely because they are not as secure as they
            purport to be.

            Off gnostic topic but just a word to the wise regarding such
            recent computer crimes.

            It also seems to me that what Terje was referring to about the
            number of topic posts being on increase on a list seems to have
            been the case around the time I stopped reading this list.

            While there may not be a concerted conspiracy, or maybe here
            is, it is clear that there are a number of occult and reactionary
            groups that have a vested interest in suppressing gnosticism
            through spam, porn, and disinformation campaigns.

            Nevetheless, I have turned my emails back on for this group in
            hopes that there may be some fruitful discussion after the last
            spate of non-gnostic stuff.
            Corax

            Corax
          • hesperos19 <coraxo@elp.rr.com>
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 22, 2002
              --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, Terje Dahl Bergersen
              <terje@b...> wrote:
              Like Ireneaus did not know that the
              Gospels describes Jesus as not having been crucified at the
              age of 50, Ireneaus does not honestly know how the earliest
              communities,
              even in his vicinity, the Gaul area, identified eachother towards
              eachother.

              ++++++++

              Salve Terje:

              Unlike many other modern gnostics I tend to have a bit of
              forgiveness towards Irenaeus, since of course much of what is
              to blame later results from later interpretations of Irenaeus.

              Like the 50 year old Jesus tradition he espouses, he also
              espouses doctrines which are contrary to Paul, so not only was
              he unfamiliar with the gospels - if any had trul been written at his
              time of what the Cgurch now holds as canonical - but he also
              demonstrates a lack of familiarity with Paul -

              Book V

              2. But vain in every respect are they who despise the entire
              dispensation of God, and disallow the salvation of the flesh, and
              treat with contempt its regeneration, maintaining that it is not
              capable of incorruption.

              contrast with Paul:

              1Co 15:50 -
              Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the
              kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the
              imperishable.

              But he is going by the traditions he was taught mouth to ear.

              the concept of sola scriptura however is a falsity since of course
              as gnostics we recognize a number of extracanonical writings as
              well as the power of apostoloc tradition - after all the canon was
              agreed upon by the ecumenical councils.

              Irenaeus, despite his railings against Valentinus does make
              other very beautiful points which i am not entirely willing to
              disregard - after all, other than the Gnostics a number of other
              positions were decided against; monarchism, modalism,
              donatism etc, etc, all of which have compelling arguments in
              their favor - the monophysite being one such.

              Unlike the impudently sarcastic and cynical tertullian, I think
              Irenaeus was sincere in his criticisms of Valentinus. Elsewhere
              Irenaeus called for tolerance of Montanists - so how closed and
              dogmatic was he really?

              At any rate, i do not think Irenaeus is as black as those would try
              to paint him and in many ways I find him less sinister than
              tertullian or Hippolyte.

              Corax
            • hesperos19 <coraxo@elp.rr.com>
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 22, 2002
                --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "hesperos19
                <coraxo@e...>" <coraxo@e...> wrote:

                > time of what the Cgurch now holds as canonical - but he also
                > demonstrates a lack of *familiarity* (read understanding) with
                Paul -

                > Book V
                >
                > 2. But vain in every respect are they who despise the entire
                > dispensation of God, and disallow the salvation of the flesh,
                and
                > treat with contempt its regeneration, maintaining that it is not
                > capable of incorruption.
                >
                > contrast with Paul:
                >
                > 1Co 15:50 -
                > Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the
                > kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the
                > imperishable.
                >
                > But he is going by the traditions he was taught mouth to ear.
                I really should have said - understanding rather than familiarity
                because poor Ireanaeus goes through all sorts of hoops in Book
                V to argue for the eternal physis of the Flesh using paul as
                source - my error.

                Corax, heretic