Re: "Gnosticism" info

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 20, 2002
      --- In gnosticism2@y..., "Gerry" <gerryhsp@y...> wrote:

      > I'll take a look at it, but first I wonder if anyone out there has
      > information on another site that has been linked here in the past,
      > similar to the following:
      >
      > http://www.cyberus.ca/~brons/demiurge.htm
      >
      > I know you and Corax have both listed articles from there. I
      always
      > intended to go back and search the site from start to finish, but
      now
      > it seems that they have moved and left no forwarding address. I
      > guess I'm hoping someone may have printed off a hard copy that
      would
      > give names or other info by which I might track them down.
      >
      > Gerry

      Gerry, I'm sorry, but I don't know what happened to the excellent
      site on Valentinianism. This was a homepage of David Brons, but I
      don't know how to contact him. Perhaps someone else here or
      elsewhere has more information. I'll let you know if I find out
      anything. And let us know what you learn, too, okay?

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 20, 2002
        Hello lady_caritas

        On 20-Nov-02, you wrote:

        > --- In gnosticism2@y..., "Gerry" <gerryhsp@y...> wrote:
        >
        >> I'll take a look at it, but first I wonder if anyone out there has
        >> information on another site that has been linked here in the past,
        >> similar to the following:
        >>
        >> http://www.cyberus.ca/~brons/demiurge.htm
        >>
        >> I know you and Corax have both listed articles from there. I
        > always
        >> intended to go back and search the site from start to finish, but
        > now
        >> it seems that they have moved and left no forwarding address. I
        >> guess I'm hoping someone may have printed off a hard copy that
        > would
        >> give names or other info by which I might track them down.
        >>
        >> Gerry
        >

        > Gerry, I'm sorry, but I don't know what happened to the excellent
        > site on Valentinianism. This was a homepage of David Brons, but I
        > don't know how to contact him. Perhaps someone else here or
        > elsewhere has more information. I'll let you know if I find out
        > anything. And let us know what you learn, too, okay?
        >
        > Cari

        From my hotlist, try this one, but I haven't been into it in months, so no
        guarantee: http://www.cyberus.ca/~brons/valentin.htm -- note the ~ before
        brons is still there.

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 20, 2002
          Hello lady_caritas

          On 20-Nov-02, you wrote:

          > --- In gnosticism2@y..., Mike Leavitt <ac998@l...> wrote:
          >> Hello lady_caritas

          > has
          > past,

          >>> always
          > but
          >>> now
          >>> would

          >>> Gerry, I'm sorry, but I don't know what happened to the excellent
          >>> site on Valentinianism. This was a homepage of David Brons, but
          >>> don't know how to contact him. Perhaps someone else here or
          >>> elsewhere has more information. I'll let you know if I find out
          >>> anything. And let us know what you learn, too, okay?
          >>>
          >>> Cari
          >>
          >> From my hotlist, try this one, but I haven't been into it in
          > months, so no
          >> guarantee: http://www.cyberus.ca/~brons/valentin.htm -- note the ~
          > before
          >> brons is still there.
          >>
          >> Regards
          >> --
          >> Mike Leavitt ac998@l...
          >

          > Thanks, Mike, we appreciate your suggestion, but it looks like access
          > to the website is unavailable. Your link was probably the homepage,
          > whereas, Gerry's was a link to one of the essays.
          >
          > Cari

          I was afraid of that, truely unfortunate.

          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 20, 2002
            --- In gnosticism2@y..., Mike Leavitt <ac998@l...> wrote:
            > Hello lady_caritas
            >
            > On 20-Nov-02, you wrote:
            >
            > > --- In gnosticism2@y..., "Gerry" <gerryhsp@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > >> I'll take a look at it, but first I wonder if anyone out there
            has
            > >> information on another site that has been linked here in the
            past,
            > >> similar to the following:
            > >>
            > >> http://www.cyberus.ca/~brons/demiurge.htm
            > >>
            > >> I know you and Corax have both listed articles from there. I
            > > always
            > >> intended to go back and search the site from start to finish,
            but
            > > now
            > >> it seems that they have moved and left no forwarding address. I
            > >> guess I'm hoping someone may have printed off a hard copy that
            > > would
            > >> give names or other info by which I might track them down.
            > >>
            > >> Gerry
            > >

            > > Gerry, I'm sorry, but I don't know what happened to the excellent
            > > site on Valentinianism. This was a homepage of David Brons, but
            > > don't know how to contact him. Perhaps someone else here or
            > > elsewhere has more information. I'll let you know if I find out
            > > anything. And let us know what you learn, too, okay?
            > >
            > > Cari
            >
            > From my hotlist, try this one, but I haven't been into it in
            months, so no
            > guarantee: http://www.cyberus.ca/~brons/valentin.htm -- note the ~
            before
            > brons is still there.
            >
            > Regards
            > --
            > Mike Leavitt ac998@l...

            Thanks, Mike, we appreciate your suggestion, but it looks like access
            to the website is unavailable. Your link was probably the homepage,
            whereas, Gerry's was a link to one of the essays.

            Cari
          • Terje Dahl Bergersen
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 21, 2002
              Re: [Gnosticism2] Re: "Gnosticism" info

              > Gerry, I'm sorry, but I don't know what happened to the excellent
              > site on Valentinianism.  This was a homepage of David Brons, but I
              > don't know how to contact him.  Perhaps someone else here or
              > elsewhere has more information.  I'll let you know if I find out
              > anything.  And let us know what you learn, too, okay?
              >
              > Cari

              >From my hotlist, try this one, but I haven't been into it in months, so no
              guarantee: http://www.cyberus.ca/~brons/valentin.htm -- note the ~ before
              brons is still there.

              Mike and everyone.. It´s gone... I have David´s email address on my old Mac which I seldom use.. Its going to be a little complicated getting it, and its been a while since I was in contact with him...
              I did a search for the URL address in Google http://www.google.com/  and
              found out I could restore the articles one at a time through googles cache
              by doing the same thing... This is also apropos anyone who publizhed anything on the World Wide Web which they now regret..its completely impossible to remove it from memory; your "home" isn´t just in the space where you plant your tree..
              So if you find the article you want at the website cache, you need only copy the address, paste it into the search window, get the result for the site, and click cached copy instead of the first link...

              did this make any sense?

              Pax Pleromae

              Terje D. Bergersen
              terje@...
              http://terje.bergersen.net/
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 21, 2002
                --- In gnosticism2@y..., Terje Dahl Bergersen <terje@b...> wrote:

                > > > Gerry, I'm sorry, but I don't know what happened to the
                excellent
                > >> site on Valentinianism. This was a homepage of David Brons,
                but I
                > >> don't know how to contact him. Perhaps someone else here or
                > >> elsewhere has more information. I'll let you know if I find out
                > >> anything. And let us know what you learn, too, okay?
                > >>
                > >> Cari
                > >
                > >>From my hotlist, try this one, but I haven't been into it in
                months, so no
                > >guarantee:
                >
                ><http://www.cyberus.ca/~brons/valentin.htm>http://www.cyberus.ca/~bro
                ns/valentin.htm
                > >-- note the ~ before
                > >brons is still there.
                >
                > Mike and everyone.. It´s gone... I have David´s email address on my
                > old Mac which I seldom use.. Its going to be a little complicated
                > getting it, and its been a while since I was in contact with him...
                > I did a search for the URL address in Google
                http://www.google.com/ and
                > found out I could restore the articles one at a time through
                googles cache
                > by doing the same thing... This is also apropos anyone who
                publizhed
                > anything on the World Wide Web which they now regret..its
                completely
                > impossible to remove it from memory; your "home" isn´t just in the
                > space where you plant your tree..
                > So if you find the article you want at the website cache, you need
                > only copy the address, paste it into the search window, get the
                > result for the site, and click cached copy instead of the first
                > link...
                >
                > did this make any sense?
                >

                > Pax Pleromae
                >
                > Terje D. Bergersen
                > terje@b...
                > http://terje.bergersen.net/

                Oh, yes, Terje, thank you so much!!! I "googled" David's homepage
                and came up with the following page (note: Yahoo tends to mess up
                long links, so you might need to copy and paste links into your
                browser.) ~

                http://www.google.com/search?as_q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cyberus.ca%2F%
                7Ebrons%2Fvalentin.htm&num=10&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-
                8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=lang_en&as_ft=i&as_filet
                ype=&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&safe=images

                I then followed the link that says: "Find web pages that link to …"
                and found the following pages from his site cache (If anyone finds
                any more pages, we'd appreciate your posting the links.)~

                http://216.239.53.100/search?
                q=cache:tMn0uJgNGb0C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/valentin.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang
                _en&ie=UTF-8

                http://216.239.53.100/search?
                q=cache:KNw6cx4JFP8C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/name.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&
                ie=UTF-8

                http://216.239.53.100/search?
                q=cache:XPvkxf4lfd0C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/demiurge.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang
                _en&ie=UTF-8

                http://216.239.53.100/search?
                q=cache:E6_93Y4u1gIC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/sin.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&i
                e=UTF-8

                http://216.239.53.100/search?
                q=cache:Sg3_YkyKXoQC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/ethics.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_e
                n&ie=UTF-8

                http://216.239.53.100/search?
                q=cache:maph0b8QDq0C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/chronology.htm+&hl=en&lr=la
                ng_en&ie=UTF-8

                http://216.239.53.100/search?
                q=cache:7ilqncUjhAEC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/eschatology.htm+&hl=en&lr=l
                ang_en&ie=UTF-8

                http://216.239.53.100/search?
                q=cache:YKkYgFKWFJ0C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/interpret.htm+&hl=en&lr=lan
                g_en&ie=UTF-8

                http://216.239.53.100/search?
                q=cache:s3kveZ7vVqoC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/school.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_e
                n&ie=UTF-8

                http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:eKf8SwsBi-
                4C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/sum.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8

                http://216.239.53.100/search?
                q=cache:6HlQg3IF11MC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/temple.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_e
                n&ie=UTF-8

                http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:6Tqjl0-
                yqmUC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/gnosis.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8

                http://216.239.53.100/search?
                q=cache:kiKX10a5Dx8C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/person.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_e
                n&ie=UTF-8

                http://216.239.53.100/search?
                q=cache:zLbXpMLn4xMC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/myth.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&
                ie=UTF-8

                http://216.239.53.100/search?
                q=cache:rQatZYYCyFQC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/monism.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_e
                n&ie=UTF-8

                http://216.239.53.100/search?
                q=cache:8jHcXhVUlRoC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/detail.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_e
                n&ie=UTF-8

                http://216.239.53.100/search?
                q=cache:7XUVbhNdn5EC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/angel.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en
                &ie=UTF-8

                http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:iwF-
                pYjM_NYC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/bible.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8

                http://216.239.53.100/search?
                q=cache:S4bZtp_qJkUC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/organization.htm+&hl=en&lr=
                lang_en&ie=UTF-8

                http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:2-
                id_XQzh30C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/world.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8

                http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:1BxVCi-
                wgmgC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/psychology.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8

                http://216.239.53.100/search?
                q=cache:77gjHWNCiRYC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/body.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&
                ie=UTF-8

                http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:0VEfC1Df-
                v0C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/gnoslinks.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8

                http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:Iytklc-
                FJj8C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/jesus.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8

                http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:c6AJLX-
                rkG0C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/worship.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8

                http://216.239.53.100/search?
                q=cache:HujOkF2ukwcC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/error.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en
                &ie=UTF-8

                http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:jS-
                6QE_BnBEC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/writings.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-
                8

                http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:m4eW6kspx-
                kC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/bibliography.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 21, 2002
                  Here are a few more pages after additional searching that I might
                  have missed on the first round ~

                  http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:6rQt-
                  _HiVBsC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/valentinus.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-
                  8

                  http://216.239.53.100/search?
                  q=cache:ullh74qOCbgC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/sophia_eve.htm+&hl=en&lr=la
                  ng_en&ie=UTF-8

                  http://216.239.53.100/search?
                  q=cache:QPhZFWIEClwC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/syzygy.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_e
                  n&ie=UTF-8

                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 21, 2002
                    --- In gnosticism2@y..., Terje Dahl Bergersen <terje@b...> wrote:

                    > > > Gerry, I'm sorry, but I don't know what happened to the
                    excellent
                    > >> site on Valentinianism. This was a homepage of David Brons,
                    but I
                    > >> don't know how to contact him. Perhaps someone else here or
                    > >> elsewhere has more information. I'll let you know if I find out
                    > >> anything. And let us know what you learn, too, okay?
                    > >>
                    > >> Cari
                    > >
                    > >>From my hotlist, try this one, but I haven't been into it in
                    months, so no
                    > >guarantee:
                    >
                    ><http://www.cyberus.ca/~brons/valentin.htm>http://www.cyberus.ca/~bro
                    ns/valentin.htm
                    > >-- note the ~ before
                    > >brons is still there.
                    >
                    > Mike and everyone.. It´s gone... I have David´s email address on my
                    > old Mac which I seldom use.. Its going to be a little complicated
                    > getting it, and its been a while since I was in contact with him...
                    > I did a search for the URL address in Google
                    http://www.google.com/ and
                    > found out I could restore the articles one at a time through
                    googles cache
                    > by doing the same thing... This is also apropos anyone who
                    publizhed
                    > anything on the World Wide Web which they now regret..its
                    completely
                    > impossible to remove it from memory; your "home" isn´t just in the
                    > space where you plant your tree..
                    > So if you find the article you want at the website cache, you need
                    > only copy the address, paste it into the search window, get the
                    > result for the site, and click cached copy instead of the first
                    > link...
                    >
                    > did this make any sense?
                    >

                    > Pax Pleromae
                    >
                    > Terje D. Bergersen
                    > terje@b...
                    > http://terje.bergersen.net/

                    Strangely enough, Terje, considering my own lack of computer
                    expertise, that made perfect sense. After searching again last
                    night, I was led to your links page, and hoped that you might have
                    further insight in reclaiming this seemingly lost information.

                    A hearty "thanks" to you and Cari for your highly (re)constructive
                    tenacity!